100+ Books by Black Women That Should Be Essential Reading For EveryoneLatest News
Diverse literature is more essential than ever in today’s current climate. Books are some of the best tools for developing tolerance and empathy, and few books are as rich and nuanced as those penned by Black women. From memoirs to epics to essential sociological investigations, we’ve rounded up over 100 of the most important works written by Black female authors over the past century, extending from Africa to the Caribbean to America and from the pre-Civil War era to the distant future. If you’re looking to diversify your reading list this year, here are books by Black women that we consider to be essential reading.
Looking for more reading recs? Join our exclusive POPSUGAR Book Club on Facebook to chat about all things books with POPSUGAR editors and fellow readers.
– Additional reporting by Lauren Harano, Haley Lyndes, and Tembe Denton-Hurst
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- David Trying on Moira’s Wigs Is the Best Schitt’s Creek Moment That Didn’t Actually Air on TV
- Brielle Biermann Talks Dating, Says a ‘Ton’ of Celebs Slide Into Her DMs
- Think Enola Holmes’s Louis Partridge Is Adorable? Check Out These Facts About Him
- Ant Anstead Posts ‘Old Skool’ Pic Wearing Wedding Ring After Christina Anstead Split
- Rebel Wilson and Jacob Busch Began Dating Before Pandemic: It’s ‘Serious’
- Yikes! Scheana Shay Says She Wasn’t Invited to Lala Kent’s Gender Reveal
- Demi Lovato Wears ‘Dogs Over People’ Shirt, Ditches Ring After Max Split
- Meghan Markle Made a Surprise Appearance on America’s Got Talent For This Sweet Reason
- Surprise! Billie Lourd Just Welcomed a Baby Boy With Fiancé Austen Rydell
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Split: What Went Wrong?