A Celebrity Trainer’s Tips for Staying Fit During the HolidaysLatest News
The Canadian fitness guru, 45, revealed to Us Weekly exclusively that wellness should be integrated into your holiday routine, just like it would any other day of the year.
“The problem is people think in terms of holidays as weeks or months,” the Body Reset Diet author said on Friday, December 13. “And for some reason we think, ‘I’m just going to throw hazard to the wind, I’m going to be sedentary, I’m not going to eat well, and I can chalk it up to the fact that it’s October, November, and December, and then New Year’s Eve.’”
In order to really get the most out of your typical workout regimen, Pasternak suggests taking a step back and remembering that the holiday season really only lasts a few days: one day for Thanksgiving and another for either Christmas, Hanukkah or New Year’s Eve.
“The rest of the time, stay on your game. Hit your step goal every day. My Fitbit reads at least 12,000 steps every day, even on the days that I’m gorging at those meals,” Pasternak revealed. “Don’t look at it in terms of the holiday season. Look at it as there’s a few days that I might be off my game.”
The celebrity trainer, who has helped A-list stars like Amy Schumer, Jessica Simpson and Seth Rogen, also recommended keeping breakfasts and lunches “reasonably healthy” in order to stay on track for a fit and festive holiday season.
Despite all the excitement of the holidays, Pasternak advises his clients to stay active — even if that just means hitting the dance floor for one last song at your annual office holiday party.
“You want to get up and move, and you want to sleep properly,” the famous fitness coach added. “Make sure you’re doing the things you need to do to sleep well. Don’t have caffeine in the afternoons, turn your phone and your laptop off at least an hour before you go to bed.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Jordyn Woods Goes Instagram Official With Boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns
- The 15 Most Terrifying Stephen King Books, Ranked
- Jon and Ygritte Forever! Kit Harington and Rose Leslie’s Relationship Timeline
- Ant Anstead Breaks His Silence on Christina Anstead Split
- Saturday Night Live Is Back For Season 46 With 3 New Players – See Who’s in the Cast!
- Reunited? Julianne Hough Shares Funny Video With Brooks Laich’s Dog
- David Trying on Moira’s Wigs Is the Best Schitt’s Creek Moment That Didn’t Actually Air on TV
- Brielle Biermann Talks Dating, Says a ‘Ton’ of Celebs Slide Into Her DMs
- Think Enola Holmes’s Louis Partridge Is Adorable? Check Out These Facts About Him
- Ant Anstead Posts ‘Old Skool’ Pic Wearing Wedding Ring After Christina Anstead Split