Aaron Rodgers Claims Quarantine Is Like Being Under ‘House Arrest’Latest News
“I think we all were buying into the idea of quarantine to flatten the curve,” the Green Bay Packers star, 36, said during a recent interview with local reporters in Wisconsin, per CBS Sports. “And I think there are a lot of questions now that it’s more of a house arrest to find a cure, with people wondering exactly what that means as far as the future of the country and the freedoms we’re allowed to have at this point.”
The COVID-19 crisis continues across the country, with more new cases and deaths reported each day, but some states have already begun to ease their stay-at-home regulations after shutting down local businesses in response to the novel virus. While baseball and basketball seasons were put on hold due to health concerns earlier this year, the NFL has yet to confirm whether the 2020 season will start on schedule this fall.
“I’m very hopeful that we can have a [football] season,” he said, noting that sports have always had the power to bring people together. “I think the important thing to think about, though, which is more important than that, is the state of the country and the fact that we have 36-plus million people on unemployment right now. We have rising poverty levels to go along with the unemployment, you have suicide hotline [calls] up 8,000 percent.”
Despite his apparent unhappiness with being under lockdown, the athlete cited “fear around this pandemic” as one of the major problems faced by people around the country — and even around the world.
“I hope that we can use some common sense moving forward and make decisions that are going to be in the best interest of all people moving forward,” he concluded. “I hope that sports is a part of that at some point.”
Before social distancing guidelines and stay-at-home orders were enforced across the United States, Rodgers enjoyed an adventurous trip to Peru with girlfriend Danica Patrick. The pair began dating in January 2018 and have been going strong ever since, even purchasing a $28 million Malibu estate together in December 2019.
The former NASCAR driver, 38, previously gushed about her bond with the NFL star during an exclusive interview with Us Weekly in September 2018, adding that she knows she can lean on her man in hard times. “You can rely on yourself or you can also rely on those closest to you that are honest,” she said. “Not people that want to tell you what you want to hear, but people that are gonna tell you what you need to hear and be honest with you.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Demi Lovato Wears ‘Dogs Over People’ Shirt, Ditches Ring After Max Split
- Meghan Markle Made a Surprise Appearance on America’s Got Talent For This Sweet Reason
- Surprise! Billie Lourd Just Welcomed a Baby Boy With Fiancé Austen Rydell
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Split: What Went Wrong?
- Rebel Wilson and Rumored Beau Jacob Busch Make Red Carpet Debut
- Future Parents! Mandy Moore and Taylor Goldsmith’s Relationship Timeline
- Colton Spotted for the 1st Time in L.A. Since Cassie’s Restraining Order
- Kristin Cavallari Breaks Her Silence on Divorce From Jay Cutler: “We Tried Really, Really Hard”
- Donald Trump Fires Back at Meghan Markle, Prince Harry After Election Comments
- The Masked Singer: Breaking Down All Our Theories About Who Are Behind the Masks