Allow Us to Introduce You to Ayoni, a Barbadian Singer With the Voice of a GoddessLatest News
Up-and-coming, 20-year-old singer Ayoni should be on your radar. Born in Barbados and raised in Singapore, Indonesia, and the US, the rising star is stepping onto the music scene with her debut album, Iridescent. The eight-track LP – inspired by Ayoni’s first year living in the US after moving from Jakarta, Indonesia – beautifully mixes indie vibes with pop and R&B. Opening with the catchy tune “Wife You Up” and concluding with the ethereal “Me and My Light Lit Lover,” she croons about her experiences with romance and finding peace, as well as the beauty of femininity.
“Iridescent is a good night when you realize it; The dance floor at 3 a.m., the arms of your lover, a freeway ride, and newfound freedom. It is also the morning after, the train ride home, and the silence when the door closes and you’re alone again,” Ayoni said in a statement. “It relishes in the intensity of the heights because it knows that the lows will come, and it holds you through them. Iridescent is heartbreak, loneliness, pain, anger, joy, power, peace, lust, love, and destiny, but most of all it is true. I am iridescent. This is my coming of age and an extended invitation to the world I created for myself.”
Ahead, listen to every track from Iridescent for a transcendental experience!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Lauren Conrad Says She Had to ‘Emotionally Recover’ After ‘The Hills’
- 11 LGBTQ+ Horror Movies You Can Stream Right Now That Will Chill You to Your Core
- Kailyn Lowry Jokes About Her ‘Baggage’ Ruining Her Past Relationships
- Meghan Markle Is Calling Voters to Urge Them to Show Up at the Polls
- We Want to Be at the Schitt’s Creek Emmys Party – Don’t Worry, They’re Being Safe!
- Catherine O’Hara Just Won an Emmy For Schitt’s Creek, and Her Speech Was Full of Moira-isms
- Paris Hilton, Miley Cyrus, More Celebs Support the #FreeBritney Movement
- Denise Richards Tells Garcelle Beauvais Why She Left ‘RHOBH’
- Kaia Gerber and Boyfriend Jacob Elordi Vacation in Mexico With Her Parents
- Niecy Nash Breaks Foot in 3 Places Weeks After Wedding to Jessica Betts