Ann Curry Stands With Matt Lauer’s Sexual Assault Accuser Brooke NevilsLatest News
“Brooke Nevils is a credible young woman of good character. She came to NBC News an eager and guileless 20-something, brimming with talent,” Curry tweeted on Wednesday, October 9. “I believe she is telling the truth. And that breaks my heart.”
Nevils claimed that Lauer raped her in his hotel room in Sochi, Russia, in 2014. She detailed the allegations in Ronan Farrow’s upcoming book, Catch and Kill.
“It was nonconsensual in the sense that I was too drunk to consent,” Nevils told Farrow in the book, which will be released on Tuesday, October 15. “It was nonconsensual in that I said, multiple times, that I didn’t want to have anal sex.”
Lauer, meanwhile, claimed that their encounter was consensual.
“It began when she came to my hotel room very late one night in Sochi, Russia. We engaged in a variety of sexual acts. We performed oral sex on each other, we had vaginal sex, and we had anal sex. Each act was mutual and completely consensual,” the disgraced host wrote in a letter to Variety on Wednesday. “The story Brooke tells is filled with false details intended only to create the impression this was an abusive encounter. Nothing could be further from the truth.”
Lauer and Curry co-anchored Today from 2011 to 2012.
Story is developing.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- 12 Romantic Comedy Books That Will Give You the Warm-and-Fuzzies
- Miss Universe 2019: Find Out Who Won, Plus Steve Harvey Has Another Mishap
- ‘Bachelorette’ Alum JP Rosenbaum Diagnosed With Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- RHOBH’s Brandi Glanville Claims She Was Drugged
- Amazon Made a Documentary About Mariah Carey’s Christmas Hit, Because She IS Christmas
- 88 Harry Potter Gifts He’ll Love Even More Than Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans
- Caitlyn Jenner Had No Family Waiting for Her After ‘I’m A Celebrity!’ Elimination
- Jenni ‘JWoww’ Farley Confirms Zack Carpinello Reconciliation After Drama
- Tarek El Moussa Shares Holiday Photo With Heather Rae Young and Kids
- Corinne Olympios and Boyfriend Jon Yunger Split After 1 Year of Dating