Ann Curry Stands With Matt Lauer’s Sexual Assault Accuser Brooke NevilsLatest News
“Brooke Nevils is a credible young woman of good character. She came to NBC News an eager and guileless 20-something, brimming with talent,” Curry tweeted on Wednesday, October 9. “I believe she is telling the truth. And that breaks my heart.”
Nevils claimed that Lauer raped her in his hotel room in Sochi, Russia, in 2014. She detailed the allegations in Ronan Farrow’s upcoming book, Catch and Kill.
“It was nonconsensual in the sense that I was too drunk to consent,” Nevils told Farrow in the book, which will be released on Tuesday, October 15. “It was nonconsensual in that I said, multiple times, that I didn’t want to have anal sex.”
Lauer, meanwhile, claimed that their encounter was consensual.
“It began when she came to my hotel room very late one night in Sochi, Russia. We engaged in a variety of sexual acts. We performed oral sex on each other, we had vaginal sex, and we had anal sex. Each act was mutual and completely consensual,” the disgraced host wrote in a letter to Variety on Wednesday. “The story Brooke tells is filled with false details intended only to create the impression this was an abusive encounter. Nothing could be further from the truth.”
Lauer and Curry co-anchored Today from 2011 to 2012.
Story is developing.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Who Encouraged Matthew Perry to Join Instagram?
- The Witcher Season 2 Won’t Be on Netflix For a While – Watch These Shows While You Wait
- Bethenny Frankel on ‘RHONY’ Departure: ‘I Wasn’t Leaving Because of Money’
- From Babs to Bernheim! All of Jon Peters’ Wives and Fiancees Over the Years
- Hold Up, The Invisible Man Movie Looks WAY Different Than the Book
- Tristan Thompson Comments on Khloe Kardashian and True’s ‘Great Morning’
- 9 Things You Didn’t Know About Sex Education’s Patricia Allison (aka Ola!)
- Chris Harrison Defends Peter Weber’s ‘Volatile’ Victoria F. Romance
- PDA Alert! Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Share Steamy Elevator Kiss in Paris
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Were Worried About Tom Brady Leaving Patriots