At the Emmys, Phoebe Waller-Bridge Validates “Dirty, Pervy, Angry, Messed-Up” Women EverywhereLatest News
Ah, Fleabag: the show that got all the Emmys it deserves. How did Phoebe Waller-Bridge celebrate? With cheeky acceptance speeches, of course. When the megatalented writer and actress first took the stage to accept the award for outstanding writing in a comedy series on Sunday night, she was legitimately shaking. “I find writing really, really hard and really painful, but I’d like to say from the bottom of my heart that the reason that I do it is this, so it’s made it all really worth it,” she joked, putting emphasis on the physical award. Then, the real kicker: “It’s just really wonderful to know that a dirty, pervy, angry, messed-up woman can make it to the Emmys, so thank you so much.”
Waller-Bridge later won the award for outstanding lead actress in a comedy series, beating out The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel‘s Rachel Brosnahan and Russian Doll‘s Natasha Lyonne. She cleverly started her second speech in the same way, saying with a smile, “I find acting really hard and really painful.”
Yet another Fleabag win went to Harry Bradbeer for outstanding directing in a comedy series. Moral of the story is Phoebe Waller-Bridge continues to be our queen, and her character Fleabag would absolutely approve of her tongue-in-cheek acceptance speeches. See more from her night ahead.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Dog the Bounty Hunter Admits to Financial Trouble After Wife’s Death
- Stars Who Have Tried Online Dating!
- The Jonas Brothers’ Wives Are the True Stars of Their New Rom-Com Inspired Music Video
- Joe Giudice: There’s ‘No Competition’ With Teresa for Daughters’ Love
- Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, and Lisa Kudrow Reunited For a Girls’ Night Out
- Justin Timberlake Leaves Flirty Comment on Jessica Biel’s Post After Scandal
- Farrah Abraham: I’m ‘Concerned’ for Amber Portwood’s Safety Amid New Romance
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ Newbie Max Apologizes After Racist Tweets Resurface
- Ana de Armas Looks Happiest in a Swimsuit – Her Instagram Proves It
- Kaia Gerber Spotted for 1st Time After Pete Davidson Split