Awkward! Luke Bryan Was Mistaken for Blake Shelton on a Local News StationLatest News
Classic mix-up! Luke Bryan had the best reaction to being confused for one of his fellow country stars during a local news broadcast.
The “Rain Is a Good Thing” singer, 43, shared a freeze frame of his TV screen on Monday, April 3, after having joined a number of his country colleagues for the ACM Presents: Our Country broadcast the night before. While playing a clip of Bryan’s in-home performance of “Most People Are Good,” the morning news show had Blake Shelton‘s name on the bottom third of the screen.
“I gotta work harder,” the American Idol judge teased in the caption of his lighthearted Instagram post.
On Sunday, April 2, the Academy of Country Music aired a series of performances recorded from the homes of some of the genre’s biggest stars in place of its annual ACM Awards, which were postponed until September due to the current global outbreak of COVID-19. After all-star acoustic performances from Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood, a handful of musicians teamed up to pay tribute to late country legend Kenny Rogers, who passed away in March at the age of 81.
“We love you Kenny. Thank you so much for all your musical contributions. I love you, buddy,” Bryan said after putting his spin on Rogers’ 1979 tune “Coward of the County.”
Rogers’ family confirmed that the “We’ve Got Tonight” singer died of natural causes on March 20. Nearly five years earlier, the Grammy winner announced that he would be stepping back from the spotlight after decades of making hits.
“My life is about my wife and my 11-year-old twin boys right now. There are a lot of things I want to do together with them to create some special memories,” Rogers wrote on his website after announcing his retirement on the Today show in September 2015. “I don’t have a bucket list of my own … I have a bucket list of things I want to do with them.”
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Naya Rivera’s Ex Ryan Dorsey Speaks About Grief, Their Son and Her Sister
- Andrew Rannells and Tuc Watkins Are the Cutest Couple Both Onscreen and IRL
- Naya Rivera’s Sister Spotted Helping the Late Actress’ Ex Ryan Dorsey Move
- Why Taylor Swift Fans Are Flooding Jake Gyllenhaal’s Instagram Comments
- I’m Fully Sobbing Over Jeannie Mai’s Up Performance From DWTS’s Disney Night
- 8 Revelations From Mariah Carey’s Memoir: Exes, Affair and Secret Album
- Going For the Mirrorball Trophy: Here’s Who Is Still in the Competition on DWTS
- Cheryl Burke Is 2 Years Sober: It Was a Decision ‘I Made for Myself’
- Lance Bass: I’ve Spoken to Jamie Lynn Spears About Britney’s Legal Drama
- Jen Harley Calls Out Ronnie Ortiz-Magro for Moving ‘Away From His Daughter’