‘Bachelorette’ Alum Dean Unglert Hospitalized After Skiing AccidentLatest News
“All my life, I’ve dreamt about skiing the swiss alps,” Unglert, 28, wrote on Monday, December 23, alongside a photo of himself in a hospital bed. “How could you not? They’re huge and beautiful and have some of the best snow in the world.”
Despite dreaming of skiing the Swiss Alps, the Bachelor in Paradise alum revealed that he was out of luck, since his trip down the slopes was short-lived.
“Today, however, was not my day,” he wrote on social media. “I was sending just a liiiiitle too hard and took a nasty spill which ultimately put me here. and since this is probably going to be the only pic i get in switzerland, i figured i gotta post it.”
The reality star went on to describe what exactly happened to him, noting he dislocated his hip and fractured his femur. He underwent surgery to put four screws in his femur and a plate in his leg.
“The swiss mountain rescue blew my mind today,” he said. “It took me about an hour to flag someone down for help but once i did, i was airborne and in surgery in less than an hour.”
Even with the major injury and quick end to a dream of skiing the Swiss mountains, Unglert is in good spirits. “Things could have been so much worse and for that i am extremely grateful!” he wrote via Instagram. “Looks like i’ll be celebrating xmas in a hospital bed this year .”
Before ending up in the hospital, Unglert shared videos of himself on the ski lift after arriving in Switzerland. He showed the empty lift and lots of snow below him. He then shared a video of himself right after he got hurt.
“Well, I just fell. 99 percent sure I dislocated my hip,” he said in the video, which showed him lying on the ground alone. “Hopefully sky patrol is on the way. I called them. They didn’t really seem that concerned.”
In a second video clip he focused the camera on birds overhead and said, “These birds circling above are probably ready to feast on my dead carcass.” He added, “But actually, this really does suck. I’m a little concerned.”
The California native, who is dating Caelynn Miller-Keyes after they connected on BIP, recently spoke to Us Weekly about taking the next step with the former Miss North Carolina.
“That’s never going to happen,” Unglert joked to Us exclusively at KIIS FM’s iHeartRadio Jingle Ball presented by Capital One on December 6. “She does joke around about us getting married all the time, and I always say, ‘Sorry, it’s not going to happen.’ I don’t know, I’m super unconventional and she obviously is a little more conventional. We joke around about it. Just try to keep expectations to a minimum, you know? Like I said on the show, under-promise, overdeliver.”
For her part, Miller-Keyes, 24, told Us in November that she is constantly teasing her boyfriend about putting a ring on it. “Maybe that’s in our future, but it would be way down our future,” she told Us on November 18.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Lauren Conrad Says She Had to ‘Emotionally Recover’ After ‘The Hills’
- 11 LGBTQ+ Horror Movies You Can Stream Right Now That Will Chill You to Your Core
- Kailyn Lowry Jokes About Her ‘Baggage’ Ruining Her Past Relationships
- Meghan Markle Is Calling Voters to Urge Them to Show Up at the Polls
- We Want to Be at the Schitt’s Creek Emmys Party – Don’t Worry, They’re Being Safe!
- Catherine O’Hara Just Won an Emmy For Schitt’s Creek, and Her Speech Was Full of Moira-isms
- Paris Hilton, Miley Cyrus, More Celebs Support the #FreeBritney Movement
- Denise Richards Tells Garcelle Beauvais Why She Left ‘RHOBH’
- Kaia Gerber and Boyfriend Jacob Elordi Vacation in Mexico With Her Parents
- Niecy Nash Breaks Foot in 3 Places Weeks After Wedding to Jessica Betts