Barack Obama Reveals the Movies, Shows, and Books that Made 2019 “a Little Brighter” For HimLatest News
The year is wrapping up, which means Barack Obama is sharing his annual “Best of” lists. On Dec. 28, he kicked off the yearly tradition by posting his favorite books of 2019. He then followed up with a list of his best-loved films and TV shows, as well as favorite songs from the past 12 months.
“While each of us has plenty that keeps us busy – work and family life, social and volunteer commitments – outlets like literature and art can enhance our day-to-day experiences,” he captioned the collection of novels. “Here are the books that made the last year a little brighter for me.” Considering his impeccable taste in literature, it should come as no surprise that the former US president included some real page-turners in his list. Between Sally Rooney’s gripping new coming-of-age novel, Normal People, and NBA star Andre Iguodala’s memoir, The Sixth Man, there’s a recommendation for everyone.
Obama’s compilation of movies and shows is also wide-ranging and includes Netflix’s Marriage Story, Amazon’s Fleabag, HBO’s Watchmen, and the Aretha Franklin documentary Amazing Grace. “This year’s list includes everything from explorations of class dynamics and relationships, to an inspired reboot of a classic graphic novel, to a portal back to one of the most special places in history – an Aretha Franklin concert,” he wrote. Check out his favorite books, songs, films, and series of 2019 ahead, and stay tuned for his top music picks!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- 30+ Photos of Love Is Blind’s Amber and Barnett That Prove Seeing Is Believing
- John Benjamin Hickey Says He Was ‘Brutally Sick’ From COVID-19 Diagnosis
- Sara Bareilles Has ‘Fully Recovered’ From COVID-19
- A Timeline of Jeffree Star’s Feud With the Kardashian-Jenners
- Because We Know You’re Wondering: Here’s Who Plays Jamie on Little Fires Everywhere
- From the Rug to the TikToks! Peter and Kelley’s Relationship: What We Know
- The Magicians Comes to a Close in Action-Packed Finale: Here’s Where Everyone Ends Up
- Rob Gronkowski ‘Felt on Top of the World’ on ‘Masked Singer’
- Rob Lowe’s Son John Lowe Celebrates 2 Years of Being Sober
- Duchess Camilla’s Ex-Husband Andrew Parker-Bowles Has Coronavirus