Barbra Streisand Gifts Disney Stock to George Floyd’s 6-Year-Old DaughterLatest News
Gianna thanked the singer, 78, for the gift via Instagram on Saturday, June 13, by sharing photos of herself with a letter and a certificate detailing her stock in the company.
“Thank You @barbrastreisand for my package, I am now a Disney Stockholder thanks to you,” she captioned the post, adding three heart-face emojis.
Streisand also sent the child two DVDs of her 1965 and 1966 TV specials, My Name Is Barbra and Color Me Barbra.
Although Disney’s stock dropped earlier this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it has started to recover in recent weeks. In addition, investors in the media conglomerate, which debuted on the New York Stock Exchange in 1957, have seen dramatically positive returns over the past 10 years. CNBC reported in February that a $1,000 investment in Disney 10 years ago would now be worth more than $4,600, with a total return of approximately 370 percent.
Gianna has been showered with support since her father’s death. On June 9, Texas Southern University announced that its board of regents had approved a fund to provide a full scholarship to Gianna should she wish to attend the Houston-based school in the future.
“This board is committed to education and understands that a college degree is one of many powerful steps toward a productive and successful life,” board chair Albert H. Myres said in a press release. “We know that this gesture cannot take the place of her dad’s loving presence, but we hope that it will contribute to easing her journey through life.”
Floyd died at the age of 46 on May 25 after Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pressed a knee into his neck for nearly nine minutes. Chauvin, 44, has since been fired by the Minneapolis Police Department and charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.
During a June 2 press conference about Floyd’s death, Gianna shouted out, “Daddy changed the world!”
For more information, visit Blacklivesmatter.com.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Naya Rivera’s Ex Ryan Dorsey Speaks About Grief, Their Son and Her Sister
- Bachelorette’s Mike Johnson Opens Up About His New Bachelor Nation Roomie
- Andrew Rannells and Tuc Watkins Are the Cutest Couple Both Onscreen and IRL
- Naya Rivera’s Sister Spotted Helping the Late Actress’ Ex Ryan Dorsey Move
- Why Taylor Swift Fans Are Flooding Jake Gyllenhaal’s Instagram Comments
- I’m Fully Sobbing Over Jeannie Mai’s Up Performance From DWTS’s Disney Night
- 8 Revelations From Mariah Carey’s Memoir: Exes, Affair and Secret Album
- Going For the Mirrorball Trophy: Here’s Who Is Still in the Competition on DWTS
- Cheryl Burke Is 2 Years Sober: It Was a Decision ‘I Made for Myself’
- Lance Bass: I’ve Spoken to Jamie Lynn Spears About Britney’s Legal Drama