Ben Higgins Opens Up About Engagement to Jess Clarke: ‘Let’s Celebrate’Latest News
“From my first date in the 8th grade to the moments leading up to me getting down on one knee it all led me to you,” Higgins, 31, wrote via Instagram on Monday, March 30, about his future bride.
The former Bachelor star opened up about asking Clarke, 24, to marry him on Friday, March 27, and giving him “the honor of being her partner for life.”
“I now officially have the most beautiful, kind hearted, supportive, well intentioned person to spend life with,” the Indiana native continued. “Our adventurous ride through life together is just starting @jessclarke_ !”
He added: “Let’s celebrate…but for now let’s stay home and isolate.”
The Colorado resident revealed that the proposal took place at the University of Mississippi graduate’s house in Tennessee “in her back yard with the help of her family.”
On Saturday, March 28, the former college athlete confirmed her engagement to the former reality TV star via Instagram.
“I don’t remember everything you said, but I know that I said yes,” Clarke wrote alongside a series of photos of Higgins popping the question. “I woke up in a dream today and I get to live this dream every day from now on.”
Us Weekly broke the news earlier on Saturday that the two were engaged after dating for more than a year.
The proposal came days after Higgins revealed that he and Clarke were self-quarantining together at his parents’ house in Colorado before driving to Franklin, Tennessee, to see her family.
She added: Anytime I get a week with [Ben] not doing anything is wonderful. We never get that.”
The Bachelor Live On Stage cohost told Us exclusively in January that he was “definitely” going to get down on one knee in 2020.
“I don’t think that’s a question,” he told Us on January 29. “Our relationship is healthy. I’m a better version of myself, a more free version of myself than I’ve been in a while.”
Listen on Spotify to Here For the Right Reasons to get inside scoop about the Bachelor franchise and exclusive interviews from contestants.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Keke Palmer Asks National Guard to Join Protesters: “March Beside Us, Protect Us!”
- RHOBH’s Erika Jayne Defends Her Police Officer Son From Haters
- Twilight’s Gregory Tyree Boyce and GF Died From Accidental Drug Overdose
- Stars Bail Out Protestors, Donate to Support the Black Lives Matter Movement
- Alright, I’ll Admit It: the Fuller House Ending Made Me Cry
- Plot Twist! Carole Baskin Now Owns Joe Exotic’s Zoo
- 100+ Books by Black Women That Should Be Essential Reading For Everyone
- Olivia Jade Giannulli Faces Backlash for White Privilege Comments
- Rachel Lindsay Speaks About ‘Unity’ at George Floyd Protest
- Demi Lovato’s Dating History: Joe Jonas, Wilmer Valderrama and More