Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Former Boyfriend Nick Gordon Dead at 30Latest News
The Daily Mail reports that Gordon suffered a series of heart attacks after he was rushed to a Florida hospital amid New Year’s celebrations.
The outlet reports that his loved ones were informed of his death early on Wednesday, January 1, after emergency staff were unable to revive Gordon.
Gordon’s attorney Joe Habachy confirmed his client’s death to Us Weekly in a statement: “My heart is heavy today after learning that my longtime client Nick Gordon died at the young age of thirty. While I cannot speak to the specific circumstances of his death, I can say that it’s been truly heartbreaking to have witnessed first hand the total devastation that drug addiction has wreaked upon a group of young friends, all of whom were loved and had immense potential.”
“Despite all of the incredible challenges Nick faced over the last few years I can honestly say that he worked hard to hold his head up and stay sober and that he genuinely wanted a happy healthy life with his family more than anything else,” he concluded. “My heart goes out to the family and friends Nick leaves behind and to any other families dealing with the losses and heartache caused by drugs.”
His brother Junior Walker spoke out about his sibling’s death, writing on Facebook, “God why did I have to lose my brother on New Years.” He also shared a photo of the pair as children, writing, “All I can do is cry.”
Gordon was dating the only daughter of the late Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown when she was found unresponsive in a bathtub of her Atlanta home in January 2015. She was placed in a medically induced coma and died six months later.
He was never criminally charged but a judge found Gordon “legally responsible” for Bobbi Kristina’s death in a civil case filed by her conservator, who alleged in a $50 million lawsuit that “Ms. Brown died due to a violent altercation with [Gordon] after which he placed her in a bathtub, unconscious, after he injected her with a toxic mixture.”
Gordon, who was ordered to pay $36 million in damages, denied those claims and any involvement in her death. Habachy told Us at the time that Gordon was “100 percent innocent.”
He made headlines again in March 2018 when he was arrested for the second time in two weeks for violating a no-contact order put in place following a domestic violence incident with his girlfriend Laura Leal.
The following month Us Weekly confirmed that he would not be charged in the case after Leal recanted her original statement.
He previously sought treatment in rehab for drug abuse after a sit-down intervention with Dr. Phil in 2015.
Gordon’s lawyer told Us in 2016 that his client was working as a landscaper in Orlando, Florida, adding that “Nick has continued to pursue sobriety and spends most of his time with family and working out.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- While You Prepare For Trinkets Season 2, Remember That We’re Not Getting More Episodes
- Mike Johnson Slams ‘The Bachelor’ for ‘Atrocious’ Lack of Diversity
- RHOC’s Tamra Judge Is ‘Excited’ About Returning to Real Estate Roots
- Netflix’s Away Looks Like Interstellar, Only With Hilary Swank and Less Wormholes
- Antonio Banderas Has Coronavirus, Celebrating 60th Birthday in Quarantine
- Rachael Ray, Husband John Cusimano, Dog Bella Safe After Fire at Her Home
- 6 Significant Milestones in Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly’s Whirlwind Romance
- Cardi B Defends Putting Kylie Jenner in Her ‘WAP’ Video Amid Outcry
- Chrishell Stause Responds After Christine Quinn Likes Tweet Calling Her ‘Sad’
- 90 Day Fiance’s Ashley Celebrates ‘Wild’ 3rd Anniversary With Jay