Camila Mendes’s New Netflix Film Is Like a Riverdale and Knives Out MashupLatest News
Put on your deerstalker hats à la Sherlock Holmes and break out the Clue boards, my fellow murder-mystery aficionados, because the trailer for Camila Mendes’s Dangerous Lies already has me scribbling in my detective notebook. Like a mashup of Riverdale and Knives Out, the Netflix film will star Mendes as Katie Franklin, who takes a job caring for an elderly man at his Chicago estate – and Betty Cooper would be all over this story!
“When a wealthy elderly man dies and unexpectedly leaves his estate to his new caregiver, she’s drawn into a web of deception and murder,” the movie description reads. “If she’s going to survive, she’ll have to question everyone’s motives – even the people she loves.” Watching the trailer, I half expected to see Chris Evans pop up wearing a cream-colored cable-knit sweater and a mischievous grin. The thriller is set to premiere on April 30, so watch the full trailer here to prepare for the mystery that’s in store.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Look Back at Angelina Jolie’s Sexiest, Most Scintillating Pictures Through the Years
- Lea Michele Accused of Making ‘Ragtime’ Understudy ‘Cry Every Night’
- SNL’s Chris Redd Launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund to Help Raise $250,000 for BLM Protesters
- Jim Edmonds Is Going to Be a Grandpa: I’m ‘Feeling Very Grateful’
- ‘Modern Family’ Star Fred Willard’s Cause of Death Revealed
- Samantha Marie Ware Seemingly Responds to Lea Michele’s Apology: ‘Perceived?’
- Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas March in Black Lives Matter Protest
- Warner Bros. Offers a Powerful Lesson in Systemic Racism With Free Just Mercy Rentals
- Keke Palmer Asks National Guard to Join Protesters: “March Beside Us, Protect Us!”
- RHOBH’s Erika Jayne Defends Her Police Officer Son From Haters