Catherine O’Hara Just Won an Emmy For Schitt’s Creek, and Her Speech Was Full of Moira-ismsLatest News
Now is not the time for pettifogging – Catherine O’Hara just won an Emmy! The Schitt’s Creek actress took home the award for outstanding lead actress in a comedy series on Sunday night, and naturally, her speech was full of vivid vocabulary fit for Moira Rose herself. “Thank you to the Television Academy for nominating me alongside these very cool women and for topping off this fun evening with this trophial treat,” she said after receiving her prize at the cast’s viewing party in Toronto.
O’Hara thanked series creator Dan Levy (who also won for outstanding writing in a comedy series) for letting her play a multifaceted “woman of a certain age” – her own age! But her most “gaudiloquent” praise went to Deborah Hansen, who led the charge on wardrobe and several other crew members whose “munificent venistation” brought Moira to life. She’d be an “ungrateful doddypoll” if she neglected to thank them for their behind-the-scenes efforts! If those aren’t phrases straight out of the Moira dictionary, I don’t know what is. Watch O’Hara’s speech above.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Channing Tatum and Jessie J: A Timeline of Their Relationship
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello’s Latest Pic May Just Be Their Cutest Yet
- Pregame Sarah Cooper’s Netflix Special by Watching Her Best Trump Impressions Here
- Dodgers’ Justin Turner Slammed for Celebrating After Positive COVID Test
- Is Clare Crawley a “Good” Bachelorette? That’s Turning Out to Be a Complicated Question
- Jersey Shore’s Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Goes Instagram Official With New Girlfriend
- Machine Gun Kelly Says He’s a ‘Better Person’ After Falling in Love With Megan
- Summer House’s Paige DeSorbo Confirms Split From Perry Rahbar
- 10 of the Most Underrated True-Crime Podcasts You Need to Listen to
- Justin Hartley Finally Explains Why He Was Spotted Wearing a Cast