Chadwick Boseman’s Wife Files Probate Case After Actor Dies Without WillLatest News
Ledward, 30, submitted the paperwork in Los Angeles on Thursday, October 15, according to court documents obtained by Us Weekly. The papers state that the Black Panther star died “intestate,” which means he did not have a will in place.
Boseman’s estate is estimated at $938,500 in value. His parents, Leroy and Carolyn Boseman, are listed as surviving family members.
The 21 Bridges star died on August 28 after privately battling colon cancer for four years. He was 43.
“A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much. From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and several more, all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T’Challa to life in Black Panther,” a statement shared via Twitter after his death read. “He died in his home, with his wife and family by his side.”
Boseman and Ledward were first linked in 2015. They quietly tied the knot in the months before his death.
Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o and more of his Black Panther costars attended a memorial service in Malibu in September alongside Ledward. Boseman was buried at Welfare Baptist Church Cemetery in Belton, South Carolina, earlier that month.
The 42 star’s brother Derrick Boseman opened up about the late stages of his sibling’s health battle in an emotional New York Times interview earlier this month. “[He told me,] ‘Man, I’m in the fourth quarter, and I need you to get me out of the game,’” he recalled. Derrick then “realized that he was tired” and “he was ready to go.”
The pastor added that the moment shifted his perspective about his brother’s illness. “When he told me that, I changed my prayer from, ‘God heal him, God save him,’ to ‘God, let your will be done,’” he said. “And the next day he passed away.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Ozzy Osbourne Regrets Cheating on Wife Sharon: ‘I Broke Her Heart’
- 15 Thought-Provoking Books That Have Won the Women’s Prize For Fiction
- Kaley Cuoco and Husband Karl Cook Mourn Death of Their Rescue Dog Petunia
- Stassi Schroeder: 2020 Wasn’t My ‘Favorite Year’ After ‘Pump Rules’ Firing
- Congrats! Matthew Perry and Girlfriend Molly Hurwitz Are Engaged
- 12 Musical Moments From Schitt’s Creek That Will Inspire Your Inner Jazzagal
- 10 Celebrity Couples Who Are High School Sweethearts
- Julianne Hough Says 2021 Is ‘Definitely Looking Up’ After Divorce Filing
- Pajamas! Meatballs! Celebs Share Their Favorite Holiday Traditions
- How Meghan and Harry Are Celebrating Thanksgiving After Miscarriage News