Cheryl Burke, Matthew Lawrence: How Quarantine Has ‘Tested’ Our MarriageLatest News
“The first year has been great. I mean, that has been like, it’s tested us for sure. Not just this but anything,” the Dancing With the Stars pro, 35, told Us Weekly exclusively on Wednesday, April 8, while discussing her diamond painting club. “We were also in the process of moving, but now that obviously has to be put on hold. But we’re in the same boat as everybody else, and as long as we’re all just staying home and obeying, I guess, the rules and being quarantined, I think this whole process will be a lot faster if we all can just stay home for a couple more weeks.”
Burke added that she feels “a sense of ease and peace now that I’m married.”
For his part, Lawrence, 40, admitted that spats are “going to happen” in the close-quarters situation. However, he insisted the couple are “doing good.”
The choreographer pointed out an upside to the ordeal. “You’re either going to come out stronger or not,” she said.
While in quarantine and beyond, the Boy Meets World alum has leaned on Burke to build on their relationship foundation. “A lot of this I’ve actually learned from Cheryl,” he explained. “It’s just the constant communication. When you stop that communication and when you don’t try every day is when things start to slowly fall apart.”
The pair, who tied the knot in May 2019, had to scrap their initial anniversary plans but will not let the day go by without toasting the milestone. “As long as we’re together,” the reality star told Us. “We were going to celebrate in The Bahamas and while I was going to do that Dancing With the Stars tour in The Bahamas. Obviously stuff got canceled. We will be just pretending we’re in The Bahamas right here. Right in this corner.”
Burke and Lawrence have also bonded over diamond painting while stuck in the house. “Diamond painting, for me, has been super relaxing and just stress free,” she said. “At the same time as I’m diamond painting, I can take online courses and listen to podcasts, audio books. … It’s my meditation and I think of really great ideas while it’s happening because it doesn’t take a lot of brain power to diamond paint. It’s pretty self-explanatory.”
The two-time mirrorball champ’s online diamond painting club, All That Glitters, launches on Friday, April 10, and will feature special guests each week.
With reporting by Christina Garibaldi
Given the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19, Us Weekly wants our readers to have access to the most accurate resources. For the most up-to-date coronavirus information, guidance and support, consult the CDC, WHO and information from local public health officials. If you’re experiencing coronavirus symptoms, call your primary care provider for medical advice.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Demi Lovato Wears ‘Dogs Over People’ Shirt, Ditches Ring After Max Split
- Meghan Markle Made a Surprise Appearance on America’s Got Talent For This Sweet Reason
- Surprise! Billie Lourd Just Welcomed a Baby Boy With Fiancé Austen Rydell
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Split: What Went Wrong?
- Rebel Wilson and Rumored Beau Jacob Busch Make Red Carpet Debut
- Future Parents! Mandy Moore and Taylor Goldsmith’s Relationship Timeline
- Colton Spotted for the 1st Time in L.A. Since Cassie’s Restraining Order
- Kristin Cavallari Breaks Her Silence on Divorce From Jay Cutler: “We Tried Really, Really Hard”
- Donald Trump Fires Back at Meghan Markle, Prince Harry After Election Comments
- The Masked Singer: Breaking Down All Our Theories About Who Are Behind the Masks