Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry Help Couple Take a Photo on VacationLatest News
The royal pair assisted a couple in Victoria, Canada, take the perfect photo on Wednesday, January 1, after they noticed the duo struggling with a selfie stick.
“We noticed a group was standing nearby and they had two dogs, one of which was approaching us,” Asymina Kantorwicz told CTV News Vancouver Island on Thursday, January 2, after explaining how she and boyfriend Illiya Pavlovic were attempting to take a picture with the scenic background in the shot.
When a woman asked them if they wanted her to take a photo, the couple didn’t immediately see who it was. “I thought she looked familiar, but didn’t think it could actually be her,” Kantorowicz said.
She later realized that the kind stranger was the former Suits actress, 38, and she was with her husband, Prince Harry, 35.
“I froze up. I actually couldn’t believe who it was. Then I looked over to the side and that’s when I realized Prince Harry was standing there,” the woman, who was a CTV producer, recalled of the royal run-in. “I kept looking back and forth like, ‘Is this actually happening?’”
The couple accepted the duchess’ offer to take their picture, but could barely muster up any words to thank her. “In that moment, the only thing I could think to say [was] ‘There’s only so much that selfie sticks can do,’” Kantorowicz admitted. “She laughed and responded with something like, ‘We’ll have to do better,’ and then Harry chimed in, ‘No pressure.’”
The Victoria woman described the whole event as “a dream,” noting that the Duchess of Sussex handed her back the phone and said, “Happy New Year!” before walking off.
The royal duo released a 2019 reflection video on their Instagram page on December 31 and wished everyone “a very Happy New Year and thinking you for your continued support.” They also shared a new photo of their 7-month-old son, Archie, from their vacation in Canada.
“Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and thanking you for your continued support! We’ve loved meeting so many of you from around the world and can’t wait to meet many more of you next year. We hope 2020 brings each of you health and continued happiness.” – The Duke and Duchess of Sussex Special thanks to Chris Martin and @Coldplay for allowing us to use one of their songs Photo and video © SussexRoyal Thanks to PA for additional images and footage
A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on Dec 31, 2019 at 12:15pm PST
The trio celebrated Archie’s first Christmas in North America instead of the traditional British festivities at the Sandringham estate.
“Archie is Meghan and Harry’s world, and they can’t help [it],” an insider told Us Weekly exclusively in December when talking about the baby’s first Christmas. “For Christmas, they bought him books, building blocks, a baby ball pit … it’s not all about extravagant gifts for them.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Ellen DeGeneres Faces Backlash for Comparing Quarantine to ‘Being in Jail’
- No, You Aren’t the Only One Still Sobbing Over the Schitt’s Creek Finale and Documentary
- Meryl Streep’s Daughter Grace Gummer Split From Husband 42 Days After Wedding
- Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer Are Still Friends Over 10 Years After Split
- Queen Elizabeth II Honors Healthcare Workers Helping to Fight Coronavirus
- Please Enjoy Catherine O’Hara Snapping in and Out of Character as Moira Rose For 36 Minutes
- Peter Weber Breaks His Silence on Those Kelley Flanagan Rumors
- Lady Gaga and Jimmy Fallon’s Compassion Convo Is a Must-See: “Kindness Is Totally Free”
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to Launch Wellbeing Website, Nonprofit
- Tiger King’s Dillon Passage Says New Episode Is ‘Kind of Like a Reunion’