Ellen Posts Loving Tribute to Portia on 11th Wedding AnniversaryLatest News
The comedian, 61, took to her Instagram on Friday, August 16, to honor her wife of more than a decade.
“Happy anniversary, Portia. 11 years. My favorite number with my favorite person,” DeGeneres captioned a black-and-white photo from her wedding to de Rossi in 2008.
Lara Porzak, the couple’s wedding photographer, also shared the photo with a caption celebrating the pair’s 11 years of marriage.
“Time is often a crazy concept to grasp – this photo was made ELEVEN years ago! Feels like it was last week! (And yes, it was made on black & white film!) Happiest of anniversaries Portia & Ellen! And thank you for the shout out today on your Instagram! ,” Porzak wrote.
DeGeneres and de Rossi, 46, wed on August 17, 2008. The marriage came soon after the California Supreme Court struck down a law banning same-sex marriage.
Though the couple had dated four years before they tied the knot, de Rossi told Us Weekly in June 2018 that she and DeGeneres didn’t truly feel accepted as a Hollywood couple until they were associated with divorce rumors.
“The divorce rumors came and then we really knew the perceptions had changed,” the Arrested Development star said. “I’m not kidding. I know it sounds ridiculous, but when that started happening I thought, ‘Oh, now we’re finally accepted.’ We get the same s–t as every celebrity couple.”
She continued, “I thought, ‘Wow, this is great that I’m pregnant, not pregnant, divorced, not divorced, whatever.’ That means there is an acceptance for this.”
On an episode of David Letterman’s Netflix series, My Guest Needs No Introduction, in May 2019, DeGeneres revealed that one of the secrets to her and de Rossi’s relationship is their shared sense of humor.
“She’s fantastic, she’s very, very funny,” she said. “She makes me laugh, which is really important.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Dog the Bounty Hunter Admits to Financial Trouble After Wife’s Death
- Stars Who Have Tried Online Dating!
- The Jonas Brothers’ Wives Are the True Stars of Their New Rom-Com Inspired Music Video
- Joe Giudice: There’s ‘No Competition’ With Teresa for Daughters’ Love
- Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, and Lisa Kudrow Reunited For a Girls’ Night Out
- Justin Timberlake Leaves Flirty Comment on Jessica Biel’s Post After Scandal
- Farrah Abraham: I’m ‘Concerned’ for Amber Portwood’s Safety Amid New Romance
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ Newbie Max Apologizes After Racist Tweets Resurface
- Ana de Armas Looks Happiest in a Swimsuit – Her Instagram Proves It
- Kaia Gerber Spotted for 1st Time After Pete Davidson Split