Find a Cozy Nook, Book-Lovers – the 2020 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge Is Here!Latest News
It’s the most wonderful time of the year . . . and no, we’re not talking about that time of the year. Sorry Santa, but the sixth annual POPSUGAR Reading Challenge has landed, and the only list we’re checking twice is our 2020 book list!
We’re not even going to try to play it cool. This year’s reading challenge is about to up your 2020 reading game in a big way, and we can’t wait to share our 50 new book prompts with all of you. In addition to the 40 standard book challenge prompts, we’re bringing back the 10 “advanced” prompts for those bibliophiles out there looking for something extra. Are you ready for a plot twist? This year, the advanced section is all 2020-themed, from “a book set in Japan, host of the 2020 Olympics” to “a book with a character with a vision impairment or enhancement (a nod to 20/20 vision).”
Another way the 2020 reading challenge is better than ever is that we now have an exclusive POPSUGAR Book Club on Facebook! Join this well-read community of POPSUGAR editors and fellow readers from around the world to swap reading recs for the challenge, reach out when you’re stumped on a prompt, share bullet-journaling ideas, or just chat about the latest page-turner you’re obsessed with. In fact, one of the prompts is “a book recommended by your favorite blog, vlog, podcast, or online book club,” and our members are already sharing their reading recs in the group!
We hope this year’s challenge broadens your horizons and reboots your love of reading in 2020, maybe even pushing you to read something you never would have picked up before purely based on the “a book you picked up because the title caught your attention” or “a book with a great first line” prompts. Who knows, you may uncover a new favorite genre like bildungsroman, get a fresh perspective from “a book by a trans or nonbinary author,” learn something about “a subject you know nothing about,” or be transported to “a country beginning with ‘C'” that you’ve always wanted to visit.
Whatever path you take in 2020, we’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: the point of the POPSUGAR Reading Challenge is to have fun! So who’s ready to get started?
If you’re looking for an easy way to digitally track and rate the books you’ve read for the challenge, we’d suggest also joining this Goodreads group made up of readers who participate in the POPSUGAR Reading Challenge every year.
To help you get started, we’re also sharing hand-picked suggestions from our editors and Facebook book club members for what to read for all 50 prompts that make up the 2020 POPSUGAR Reading Challenge!
– Additional reporting by Lilli Boice
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Stephen Curry and Wife Ayesha’s Hottest Moments: Photos
- Young Love! A Timeline of Stephen and Ayesha Curry’s Relationship
- Netflix’s New Trailer For I Am Not Okay With This Shows Puberty at Its Best, Worst, and Weirdest
- Jennifer Hudson Pays Tribute to Kobe and Gianna at 2020 NBA All-Star Game
- Krystal Nielson and Chris Randone Were Trying for a Baby Before Split
- Fleabag Fans, Get Ready – Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s HBO Series Is About to Be Your New Obsession
- Corinne Olympios Moves In With Boyfriend Vincent: See Pics of Their New Home
- All the Celebrities We’ve Said Farewell to in 2020
- Bachelor’s Victoria ‘Sincerely Apologizes’ for ‘White Lives Matter’ Scandal
- Reese Witherspoon’s Love of Her Dogs Is Contagious: Photos