Game of Thrones’ Costume Designer Revealed the Meaning Behind Daenerys’s White Fur CoatLatest News
For any Daenerys Targaryen stans still reeling over that controversial Game of Thrones series finale, it looks like the Mother of Dragons’ fate was foreshadowed long before Jon Snow showed up with a knife. In an interview with TV Guide, Emmy-winning costume designer Michele Clapton revealed that Daenerys’s white fur coat in the season eight premiere was a huge hint at her transformation into the Mad Queen. More than a few Reddit users caught onto the significance of Daenerys’s wardrobe while the series was still on air, and we should have known our Khaleesi was going to lose control all along.
“When she arrives and descends on this dragon, she is this sort of angel of mercy.”
“Initially it was about the idea that if she’s riding a dragon to the North, she should be warm,” Clapton said. “And then I decided that actually it’s the first time she’s performed a completely selfless task – because it’s usually for her own gain – and on this occasion, it was actually for her love. So, I loved this idea, as I developed this costume, that it’s almost [as if] she sees herself as this savior, this angel. And so when she arrives and descends on this dragon, she is this sort of angel of mercy. I think it just said so much about her mental state at the time, how she saw herself.”
Clapton wanted the white fabric of Daenerys’s coat to represent purity, while also calling attention to her coldness. It’s through the coat that we see Daenerys’s parallels to the White Walkers and better understand how she perceives herself as a savior, not just to Jon, but to all of Westeros. See Clapton’s full video ahead to hear more about Daenerys’ coat and to see original sketches of the symbolic design.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Jordyn Woods Goes Instagram Official With Boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns
- The 15 Most Terrifying Stephen King Books, Ranked
- Jon and Ygritte Forever! Kit Harington and Rose Leslie’s Relationship Timeline
- Ant Anstead Breaks His Silence on Christina Anstead Split
- Saturday Night Live Is Back For Season 46 With 3 New Players – See Who’s in the Cast!
- Reunited? Julianne Hough Shares Funny Video With Brooks Laich’s Dog
- David Trying on Moira’s Wigs Is the Best Schitt’s Creek Moment That Didn’t Actually Air on TV
- Brielle Biermann Talks Dating, Says a ‘Ton’ of Celebs Slide Into Her DMs
- Think Enola Holmes’s Louis Partridge Is Adorable? Check Out These Facts About Him
- Ant Anstead Posts ‘Old Skool’ Pic Wearing Wedding Ring After Christina Anstead Split