Here’s How The Crown Director Ensured Diana and Camilla’s Lunch Was as Awkward as PossibleLatest News
The real-life rift between Princess Diana and Camilla Parker Bowles has been the source of speculation for decades. Netflix’s The Crown puts their love triangle with Prince Charles at the center of season four as part of its fictionalized perception of the royal family, and there are few moments as uncomfortable as the tense lunch between the two women in episode three. Turns out, there was a behind-the-scenes strategy that made their onscreen meeting so awkward – and it involved actor Josh O’Connor.
Although much of The Crown is fabricated,
Caron’s direction was simple: “Only one of you can put your hand on his.” Since the scene starts with Fennell’s Camilla, she kept her hand on O’Connor’s the entire time which made Corrin “really uncomfortable.” This awkwardness helped establish Charles’s presence, even when O’Connor wasn’t physically there. “We were battling it out over him,” Corrin confirmed. Watch the video below, starting at 3:11 to hear the details directly from Caron and Corrin. Does this change how you see the scene?
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- 90 Day Fiance’s Colt Johnson and Vanessa Guerra Spark Engagement Rumors
- 10 Stevie and David Moments From Schitt’s Creek That Have Our Warmest Regards
- Brooke Burke: A Day in My Life
- Ozzy Osbourne Regrets Cheating on Wife Sharon: ‘I Broke Her Heart’
- 15 Thought-Provoking Books That Have Won the Women’s Prize For Fiction
- Kaley Cuoco and Husband Karl Cook Mourn Death of Their Rescue Dog Petunia
- Stassi Schroeder: 2020 Wasn’t My ‘Favorite Year’ After ‘Pump Rules’ Firing
- Congrats! Matthew Perry and Girlfriend Molly Hurwitz Are Engaged
- 12 Musical Moments From Schitt’s Creek That Will Inspire Your Inner Jazzagal
- 10 Celebrity Couples Who Are High School Sweethearts