How Stars Including Pregnant Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas Are Self-Quarantining: PicsLatest News
The Game of Thrones star, 24, who is expecting her first child with her husband, 30, shared a photo on her Instagram Stories on Sunday, March 15, that showed her and the Jonas Brothers singer wearing masks and rubber gloves as they sat in a car.
“No f—king around,” she captioned the photo. “Stay safe everyone.”
With more than 169,000 people around the world testing positive for the virus and more than 6,500 deaths, anxiety is on the rise. In the U.S., cities and states are recommending the shutdowns of schools and more, with some stores and supermarkets cutting their hours or closing.
In California, Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered home isolation for people age 65 and older and those with chronic diseases, along with the closure of bars, nightclubs, wineries and similar businesses. Restaurants can stay open but need to seat patrons at every other table for social distancing.
Illinois restaurants and bars were also ordered to be closed from March 16 to 30, while Boston mayor Marty Walsh ordered bars, restaurants and clubs to remove tables and chairs to cut their seating capacity in half.
In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that schools in New York City as well as Nassau and Suffolk counties will be closed starting Monday, March 16. Mayor Bill De Blasio said NYC schools won’t reopen until at least April 20 but could also be closed for the rest of the school year.
Starbucks announced on Sunday that it is closing select locations, reducing hours at others and shifting to a “to-go” model for “at least two weeks.”
While some celebrities, including Orlando Bloom, Tom Cruise and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson have been sent home as production on their latest films has been shut down, others, like Jana Kramer, are continuing to work.
The actress and singer took to social media to defend her decision to fly to Canada with her husband, Mike Caussin, and their two children, Jolie, 4, and Jace, 15 months, where she is shooting a movie for a month.
“For all the hate that I’m getting right now on my feed post about leaving, No. 1, I’m not just, like, going on vacation. I’m going to film a movie. I understand other productions have shut down, but where I’m going, apparently, there’s no cases. Everything’s fine,” she said on her Instagram Stories on Friday, March 13. “I also know if I don’t show up, I could get sued.” But on Sunday she admitted to feeling some “anxiety” about the current situation.
Scroll down to see how other stars are self-quarantining at home in L.A., New York and elsewhere.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Who’s Ready For Another Wild Ride? Dwayne Johnson Confirms Hobbs and Shaw Sequel
- Ben Higgins: Why Jess and I Can Only Get Married During a ‘Select Few Months’
- Billie Eilish Soothes Puppies to Sleep While Singing “Everything I Wanted” at Home
- Michelle Money Gives Update on Her Daughter Following Skateboard Accident
- Ben Higgins Opens Up About Engagement to Jess Clarke: ‘Let’s Celebrate’
- Lily James and Matt Smith Spotted Together After Split Rumors: Pics
- The Schitt’s Creek Cast Is a Big, Happy Family in Real Life, and We Love to See It
- Prince Charles ‘Out of Self-Isolation’ 1 Week After Coronavirus Diagnosis
- John Krasinski Wants to Share Good News With the World, So He Reached Out to Steve Carell
- Meghan King Edmonds, Husband Jim Arguing Over Kids After His Coronavirus Test