It’s Official, the 2020 Oscars Will Go Without a Host For the Second Year in a RowLatest News
The Oscars will not have a traditional host for the second year running, Deadline reported on Wednesday. The 2019 ceremony was the first time in 30 years that the Oscars moved forward without a traditional host when comedian Kevin Hart stepped down as host two days before the 91st Academy Awards after he became embroiled in a serious backlash after past homophobic tweets of his had surfaced.
Karey Burke, entertainment president for ABC – the TV network that broadcasts the Oscars – confirmed the news during her session as TCA (Television Critics Association). “Together with the Academy, we have decided there will be no traditional host, repeating for us what worked last year,” Burke said. “[The 2020 Oscars will have] huge entertainment values, big musical numbers, comedy, and star power.”
The decision doesn’t come as a huge surprise, since the 2019 formula clearly worked. There was a 12 percent increase in viewers compared with 2018, with hosting duties shared among celebrities like Golden Globe hosting veterans Amy Poehler and Tina Fey performing a Queen medley with Maya Rudolph, and that steamy “Shallow” performance by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
The 92nd Academy Awards ceremony is taking place on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Jordyn Woods Goes Instagram Official With Boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns
- The 15 Most Terrifying Stephen King Books, Ranked
- Jon and Ygritte Forever! Kit Harington and Rose Leslie’s Relationship Timeline
- Ant Anstead Breaks His Silence on Christina Anstead Split
- Saturday Night Live Is Back For Season 46 With 3 New Players – See Who’s in the Cast!
- Reunited? Julianne Hough Shares Funny Video With Brooks Laich’s Dog
- David Trying on Moira’s Wigs Is the Best Schitt’s Creek Moment That Didn’t Actually Air on TV
- Brielle Biermann Talks Dating, Says a ‘Ton’ of Celebs Slide Into Her DMs
- Think Enola Holmes’s Louis Partridge Is Adorable? Check Out These Facts About Him
- Ant Anstead Posts ‘Old Skool’ Pic Wearing Wedding Ring After Christina Anstead Split