It’s Official, the 2020 Oscars Will Go Without a Host For the Second Year in a RowLatest News
The Oscars will not have a traditional host for the second year running, Deadline reported on Wednesday. The 2019 ceremony was the first time in 30 years that the Oscars moved forward without a traditional host when comedian Kevin Hart stepped down as host two days before the 91st Academy Awards after he became embroiled in a serious backlash after past homophobic tweets of his had surfaced.
Karey Burke, entertainment president for ABC – the TV network that broadcasts the Oscars – confirmed the news during her session as TCA (Television Critics Association). “Together with the Academy, we have decided there will be no traditional host, repeating for us what worked last year,” Burke said. “[The 2020 Oscars will have] huge entertainment values, big musical numbers, comedy, and star power.”
The decision doesn’t come as a huge surprise, since the 2019 formula clearly worked. There was a 12 percent increase in viewers compared with 2018, with hosting duties shared among celebrities like Golden Globe hosting veterans Amy Poehler and Tina Fey performing a Queen medley with Maya Rudolph, and that steamy “Shallow” performance by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.
The 92nd Academy Awards ceremony is taking place on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Stephen Curry and Wife Ayesha’s Hottest Moments: Photos
- Young Love! A Timeline of Stephen and Ayesha Curry’s Relationship
- Netflix’s New Trailer For I Am Not Okay With This Shows Puberty at Its Best, Worst, and Weirdest
- Jennifer Hudson Pays Tribute to Kobe and Gianna at 2020 NBA All-Star Game
- Krystal Nielson and Chris Randone Were Trying for a Baby Before Split
- Fleabag Fans, Get Ready – Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s HBO Series Is About to Be Your New Obsession
- Corinne Olympios Moves In With Boyfriend Vincent: See Pics of Their New Home
- All the Celebrities We’ve Said Farewell to in 2020
- Bachelor’s Victoria ‘Sincerely Apologizes’ for ‘White Lives Matter’ Scandal
- Reese Witherspoon’s Love of Her Dogs Is Contagious: Photos