Jeff Bridges Says Lymphoma Diagnosis Has Made Him ‘Appreciate Mortality’Latest News
The Big Lebowski star, 70, posted a photo via Twitter on Thursday, October 29, of himself wearing a hospital gown and hooked up to an IV.
“I want to thank you all for reaching out during this time, it feels good getting all the well wishes and love,” he wrote.
— Jeff Bridges (@TheJeffBridges) October 29, 2020
Bridges also directed fans to his website where he shared his first update since his diagnosis.
“This cancer thing is bringing on feelings of preciousness, and gratitude, and good old fashion love, and lots of it, big time,” he wrote. “I’m feeling so much of it comin’ my way, and man, I appreciate it. It’s contagious, all this love, like some kind of positive virus.”
The Hell or High Water actor added that his diagnosis has helped him prioritize what’s important.
“This cancer is making me appreciate my mortality, appreciate impermanence,” he wrote. “I’m realizing, if I have s–t to share, now’s the time.”
Bridges concluded his post by sharing links he wanted to “shine a light on.” In one video, the Crazy Heart star and the Abiders performed their song “Welcome Mat” to encourage people to vote. In another clip, the actor talks about environmentally-friendly guitars.
“I’m lookin’ to be in a partnership with you guys in creating a beautiful life and world for all of us,” he wrote.
Bridges announced on October 19 that he has been diagnosed with lymphoma. “As the Dude would say.. New S**T has come to light,” he wrote via Twitter in reference to his Big Lebowski character. “I have been diagnosed with Lymphoma. Although it is a serious disease, I feel fortunate that I have a great team of doctors and the prognosis is good.”
The True Grit star shared that he is already receiving treatment and promised to keep fans “posted on my recovery.”
Bridges also urged people to go out and vote, writing, “Because we are all in this together.”
The Tron: Legacy star has been married to Susan Geston since 1977. The couple share three daughters, Isabelle, 39, Jessica, 37, and Haley, 35.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- 12 Musical Moments From Schitt’s Creek That Will Inspire Your Inner Jazzagal
- 10 Celebrity Couples Who Are High School Sweethearts
- Julianne Hough Says 2021 Is ‘Definitely Looking Up’ After Divorce Filing
- Pajamas! Meatballs! Celebs Share Their Favorite Holiday Traditions
- How Meghan and Harry Are Celebrating Thanksgiving After Miscarriage News
- The TikTokers Who Cooked Up the Ratatouille Musical Talk Us Through Their Viral Moment
- Artem Chigvintsev Reflects on ‘Pivotal Year’ That Led to ‘DWTS’ Win
- 15 Books by Muslim American Authors That Need to Be on Your Radar
- Jillian Michaels’ Biggest Feuds Through the Years
- Mariah Carey, Kevin Bacon and More Will Appear on ‘Heroes of New York’