Jennifer Lopez Reacts to Rumors She’s Buying the Mets With Alex RodriguezLatest News
As Lopez joined Rodriguez’s “The Corp” podcast with Barstool Sports, the 51-year-old megastar stated that there’s “nothing to report” at this time. However, if the acquisition were to occur, it would make the Hustlers actress the first woman to own a major sports franchise.
“In this day and age, that would be something that would be so amazing,” she said of the possibility on the podcast’s Thursday, August 27, episode. “I don’t have anything to report on that end right now. But I think in every field, especially in institutions like Major League Baseball that are so American in this moment in time, it is important for diversity.”
The Bronx native continued, “It is important for women to have positions of power that they’ve earned, and deserve, and can contribute in a way that is just as good as any man on the planet. So of course I am for it.”
Back in April, Variety reported that the engaged pair retained JPMorgan Chase to raise capital to put toward a possible bid. Though rumors about the potential purchase died down thereafter, TMZ Sports posted a photo of the twosome taking a tour of the Mets’ stadium, Citi Field, earlier this month.
Rodriguez, for his part, previously played for the New York Yankees for 12 seasons. He ultimately retired from the sport in 2016.
“No athlete ever ends his or her career the way you want to. We all want to play forever,” the 45-year-old retired baseball star said at the time in a press conference. “But it doesn’t work that way. Accepting the end gracefully is part of being a professional athlete. Saying goodbye may be the hardest part of the job, but that’s what I’m doing today.”
Rodriguez was later tapped to serve as his former MLB team’s special advisor and instructor. The role allowed for him to help and mentor younger players. However, after two years in position, his run quietly concluded in 2019.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- 8 Revelations From Mariah Carey’s Memoir: Exes, Affair and Secret Album
- Going For the Mirrorball Trophy: Here’s Who Is Still in the Competition on DWTS
- Cheryl Burke Is 2 Years Sober: It Was a Decision ‘I Made for Myself’
- Lance Bass: I’ve Spoken to Jamie Lynn Spears About Britney’s Legal Drama
- Jen Harley Calls Out Ronnie Ortiz-Magro for Moving ‘Away From His Daughter’
- The Vow: Barbara Bouchey and Keith Raniere Dated For Nearly a Decade Before She Fled NXIVM
- Stars Go Nude on Twitter and Instagram
- Jordyn Woods: ‘Everything in My Life Changed’ After Tristan Cheating Scandal
- Watch the Secret Society of Second-Born Royals Cast Hilariously Quiz Each Other on Disney Movies
- Gwyneth Paltrow Poses Nude on Her 48th B-Day and Daughter Apple Is Not Happy