Jenny Slate and Boyfriend Ben Shattuck Are EngagedLatest News
Ready to walk down the aisle. Jenny Slate is engaged to boyfriend Ben Shattuck.
The Saturday Night Live alum, 37, announced the news on her Instagram on Monday, September 9, with a slideshow of photos of her and her soon-to-be husband on a recent vacation in France. The last picture in the slideshow featured a smiling Slate showing off her new engagement ring.
“He took me to France and made a picnic and made me feel happy and free and then he asked me to marry him and i screamed YES,” the comedian wrote. “I love you @benshattuck_art, you are the kindest and brightest and I am so grateful and here we go and keep going .”
Shattuck, an artist and writer, also took to his Instagram to announce the engagement and share a collection of photos and memories with his now-fiancée.
“In an abandoned castle in southern France, I asked this woman to marry me. ,” he wrote. “Here she is in front of a door the color of her soul. In LA / MA / Holland / Belgium / France thank you @jennyslate and UP UP UP to more adventures ”
Slate and Shattuck made their debut as a couple at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, in January. A source told Us Weekly at the time that the pair looked “very cozy” as they wrapped their arms around each other at the festival.
“They seemed cute together,” the insider said.
In an interview on Refinery29’s “Unstyled” podcast in June, Slate gushed over how Shattuck changed her perspective on love.
“I have this faith now — I do — that I can have this beautiful relationship with this man that I deeply love,” she said. “That I can have a full life, that I can live on this peninsula in Massachusetts where I live right now, and have my career, and that I can feel beauty in myself in so many ways.”
Before her relationship with Shattuck, the Obvious Child star dated Chris Evans on and off for two years. The couple split for the second time in March 2018, which the Captain America: Civil War actor, 38, confirmed to The New York Times.
“The hardest thing to reconcile is that just because you have good intentions, doesn’t mean it’s your time to have a voice,” he said at the time.
Slate was also married to film editor Dean Fleischer-Camp from 2012 to 2016. Us confirmed their separation in May 2016, with a source telling Us at the time that the couple simply grew apart.
“It wasn’t a bad breakup,” the insider said.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Ariana Grande Says She’s ‘Very Sick’ and in ‘So Much Pain’
- 12 Kate McKinnon Impressions That Will Never Not Be Funny
- Alexis Ren: My Boyfriend Noah Centineo ‘Has a Heart of Gold’
- Diddy Writes Touching Tribute to Kim Porter on Anniversary of Her Death
- Selena Gomez Supports Taylor Swift Amid Music Feud: “It’s Greed, Manipulation, and Power”
- Before You Watch Netflix’s Doc About Bikram Choudury, Listen to the Shocking Podcast
- Tinsley Mortimer Confirms She and Scott Kluth Are Back Together
- Anne Hathaway Celebrates Her Birthday With a Glowing Baby Bump Pic
- RHONJ’s Caroline Manzo: Teresa and Joe Giudice’s Marriage Looks ‘Broken’
- Camille Grammer Accuses Ex-Husband Kelsey Grammer of ‘Rewriting History’