Jessica Simpson Addresses ‘Complex’ Relationship With Ex John MayerLatest News
“We were great at intimacy. We were great at loving each other,” the “Public Affair” singer, 39, told Hoda Kotb during a Today Show interview set to air on Tuesday, February 4. “That was easy, but the relationship was very complex. It was always on-again, off-again, on-again, off-again.”
Simpson admitted that she “went back” to the 42-year-old “New Light” crooner “close to nine times.”
The Dukes of Hazzard actress first met Mayer in February 2005 at Clive Davis’ annual pre-Grammys party, but they wouldn’t begin dating until 2006 following her divorce from Nick Lachey earlier that year. They later called it quits 2007.
The “Your Body Is a Wonderland” artist first addressed the relationship in 2010, referring to his former flame as “sexual napalm” in a Playboy interview. “That girl is like crack cocaine to me,” he said of Simpson at the time. “Sexually, it was crazy. That’s all I’ll say.”
Simpson detailed the highs and lows from her romance with Mayer in her memoir Open Book, which hits shelves on Tuesday. In an excerpt from the hotly anticipated book, the “With You” songstress confessed to “relying on alcohol” to cope while dating Mayer.
“He wanted to have all of me or nothing,” she wrote in the sneak peek published by People on Wednesday, January 22. “Again and again, he told me he was obsessed with me, sexually and emotionally.”
The Employee of the Month star admitted to being insecure during the relationship, adding: “I constantly worried that I wasn’t smart enough for him. He was so clever and treated conversation like a friendly competition that he had to win.”
Simpson also addresses her former marriage with Lachey — to whom she was married from 2002 until their divorce was finalized in 2006 — in her new memoir. The 98 Degrees alum, 46, told Us Weekly exclusively that he hasn’t read “a single word” of his ex-wife’s book.
“Both of us have not read the book,” he said while referring to his wife, Vanessa Lachey (née Minnillo). “And no, she did not reach out before it was published.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Who’s Ready For Another Wild Ride? Dwayne Johnson Confirms Hobbs and Shaw Sequel
- Ben Higgins: Why Jess and I Can Only Get Married During a ‘Select Few Months’
- Billie Eilish Soothes Puppies to Sleep While Singing “Everything I Wanted” at Home
- Michelle Money Gives Update on Her Daughter Following Skateboard Accident
- Ben Higgins Opens Up About Engagement to Jess Clarke: ‘Let’s Celebrate’
- Lily James and Matt Smith Spotted Together After Split Rumors: Pics
- The Schitt’s Creek Cast Is a Big, Happy Family in Real Life, and We Love to See It
- Prince Charles ‘Out of Self-Isolation’ 1 Week After Coronavirus Diagnosis
- John Krasinski Wants to Share Good News With the World, So He Reached Out to Steve Carell
- Meghan King Edmonds, Husband Jim Arguing Over Kids After His Coronavirus Test