John Krasinski Hosts Virtual Quarantine Prom With Billie Eilish, Rainn WilsonLatest News
A prom to remember! John Krasinski decided to spread some cheer amid the coronavirus pandemic by throwing a virtual prom with cameos from celebrities, such as Billie Eilish, Chance the Rapper and Rainn Wilson.
The Office star, 40, live-streamed the event on his Some Good News YouTube channel on Friday, April 17, for high school students who will miss attending their prom due to the quarantine.
Krasinski’s Office costar Wilson, 54, appeared on the show along with Chance, 27. The trio bonded while the rapper’s song “All We Got” played in the background. Chance proclaimed, “I love you, Rainn Wilson,” to which the actor replied, “I love you, Chance.”
Krasinski added, “Guys, this is a beautiful moment,” before they all continued dancing together.
Later in the broadcast, Eilish, 18, joined with her brother, Finneas O’Connell, to perform her hit single “Bad Guy.”
“Billie, you just hit your all-time career low, being on this show,” Krasinski quipped when the Grammy winner joined the call.
The Jonas Brothers also joined the stream to deliver a remote performance of their song “Sucker.”
Krasinski ended the broadcast with a special message to the class of 2020. “You guys are missing a whole lot of things, and we couldn’t let prom be one of them… Chin up, this is all gonna be over soon. This weird level of joy is contagious; pick it up and do something with it,” he said before inviting everyone to join DJ D-Nice‘s virtual party on Instagram.
The A Quiet Place star first shared his idea to have a virtual prom on Wednesday, April 15, when he posted a throwback photo of himself at his own prom via Instagram.
“First of all … you’re welcome. Second of all I can’t take it anymore how much you are all missing your prom,” Krasinski captioned the post. “So let’s do something about it! Let’s have an #SGNprom! … Tag your plus 1s and dress up to the prom 9s.”
One day later, Krasinski made the official prom announcement writing via Instagram, “For all of you missing prom, I’m hosting this Friday night.”
Krasinski has used his new YouTube series, which debuted in March, to deliver lighthearted content amid the pandemic. His previous guests have included the cast of Hamilton, his former Office costar Steve Carrell and Krasinki’s wife, Emily Blunt, whom he shares daughters Hazel, 6, and Violet, 3.
Given the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19, UsWeekly wants our readers to have access to the most accurate resources. For the most up-to-date coronavirus information, guidance, and support, consult the CDC, WHO, and information from local public health officials. If you’re experiencing coronavirus symptoms, call your primary care provider for medical advice.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Demi Lovato Wears ‘Dogs Over People’ Shirt, Ditches Ring After Max Split
- Meghan Markle Made a Surprise Appearance on America’s Got Talent For This Sweet Reason
- Surprise! Billie Lourd Just Welcomed a Baby Boy With Fiancé Austen Rydell
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Split: What Went Wrong?
- Rebel Wilson and Rumored Beau Jacob Busch Make Red Carpet Debut
- Future Parents! Mandy Moore and Taylor Goldsmith’s Relationship Timeline
- Colton Spotted for the 1st Time in L.A. Since Cassie’s Restraining Order
- Kristin Cavallari Breaks Her Silence on Divorce From Jay Cutler: “We Tried Really, Really Hard”
- Donald Trump Fires Back at Meghan Markle, Prince Harry After Election Comments
- The Masked Singer: Breaking Down All Our Theories About Who Are Behind the Masks