Kaitlyn Bristowe Says Shawn Booth’s Proposal ‘Didn’t Even Feel Real’Latest News
Kaitlyn Bristowe is hoping her next proposal is much different than her first! The Bachelorette star revealed that her on-air engagement to Shawn Booth in 2015 “didn’t even feel real” while chatting exclusively with Us Weekly on Tuesday, October 1.
“It didn’t even feel, like, real in that moment [when Shawn Booth proposed on The Bachelorette] because camera crews were like, ‘OK, can you hold that,’” Kaitlyn explained. “Then producers would be like, ‘Yeah, can we do that again? Kaitlyn, can you turn your hand slowly this way and put the ring on a little slower?’”
Kaitlyn ultimately accepted Shawn’s proposal during the season 11 finale of the reality dating show in July 2015. The couple dated for three years before splitting in November 2018.
“You like, you know, it’s coming,” the former spin class instructor told Us about the proposal. “So it’s not a surprise. You had to just dump one guy before who was like, you’re feeling so awful about. And then go, like, two minutes later, go into what’s supposed to be the happiest moment. It’s just … bizarre.”
The couple, who began dating in January, have already moved in together and discussed wedding plans, with Kaitlyn even laying down some rules about her engagement ring. Kaitlyn and Jason may not agree on everything — she wants a small wedding, while he prefers “a big party” — but they both agree on private nuptials.
“Hell no. I would not want a televised wedding,” Kaitlyn revealed. “I’ve been to a couple Bachelor weddings, and I do see how produced it can be and I just — I don’t want that.”
Jason echoed his girlfriend’s sentiments, telling Us, “I was up for it. I was up for the discussion and then I saw — I had never seen a televised wedding. So I’ve never watched Bachelor weddings, but the first wedding I watched was Krystal [Nielson] and Chris [Randone’s] wedding. They’re friends of mine and I was so bothered by the way it was, you know, they had the fight going on [between John Paul Jones and Derek Peth] during their wedding.”
He continued, “They had to pick people and assign them to tables, which was clearly produced … It was just so goofy. Like, they have such a great story and they looked so great and it was beautiful, and I felt like that just took away from a special day.”
Fans can catch Kaitlyn and Jason together in Brett Kissel‘s new music video, “Drink About Me,” from the forthcoming EP Now Or Never, available on January 1.
With reporting by Kayley Stumpe
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Aquaman and Catwoman Unite! Jason Momoa Sends Zoe Kravitz Love for New Role
- The Voice: This Teen’s Stunning Kacey Musgraves Cover Brought Out the Fight in Kelly Clarkson
- Mike Johnson: I Will ‘Never’ Kiss and Tell After Demi Lovato Romance
- DWTS’ Lauren Alaina Opens Up About Her Dating Life After John Crist Split
- Nikki Bella and Artem Chigvintsev: A Timeline of Their Relationship
- Cecily Strong Really Tried Her Best to Control This Excited Pup During an SNL Sketch
- K-Pop Singer Sulli Dead at 25 in Suspected Suicide
- Your Ultimate Horror Movie Checklist For October
- Angelina Pivarnick Breaks Her Silence Amid JWoww and Zack Flirting Scandal
- Jana Kramer Snuggles With Mike Caussin After Topless Photo Drama