Kate McKinnon Thanks Ellen DeGeneres For Giving Her “a Sense of Self” in Emotional TributeLatest News
Ellen DeGeneres was the guest of honor at Sunday’s Golden Globe Awards. The 61-year-old comedian and television host received the Carol Burnett award for her outstanding contributions to television on or off the screen, making her the second person to ever get the award aside from Burnett herself. Kate McKinnon presented her with the award and delivered an emotional tribute, explaining how DeGeneres personally influenced her and paved the way for her and other LGBTQ+ stars.
She began by giving a list of all the things DeGeneres has given her over the years, including “a roadmap or a way to be funny that is grounded in an expression of joy,” “a desire to bring everyone together by laughing about the things that we have in common,” and “a sense of self.” She then concluded her speech by thanking DeGeneres, adding, “Thank you Ellen for giving me a shot, a shot at a good life.”
“All I’ve ever wanted to do is make people feel good and laugh.”
Of course, DeGeneres had a few jokes up her sleeve when she got up on stage, but she then got serious and spoke about the greatest part about being on television. “Television inspired and influenced everything that I am today . . . all I’ve ever wanted to do is make people feel good and laugh,” she said. “There’s no greater feeling than when someone tells me that I’ve made their day better with my show or that I’ve helped them get through a sickness or a hard time in their lives. But the real power of television for me is not the people who watch my show, but the people who watch my show and then they’re inspired to do go out and do the same thing in their own lives.” Watch McKinnon and DeGeneres’s powerful speeches ahead.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Kristin Cavallari: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me!
- Hell Yes! Here’s When Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 3 Drops on Netflix
- Cara Santana Ditches Engagement Ring After Jesse Metcalfe Split
- Bachelor Nation Remembers Tyler Gwozdz After His Death
- Jesse Metcalfe and Jade Albany Spotted ‘Making Out’ at West Hollywood Pub
- The Jonas Brothers Reveal the Mastermind Behind Their Viral Kardashian-Inspired TikTok
- Channing Tatum and Jessie J Are Back Together 1 Month After Split News
- There’s No Better Way to Say “I Wolf You” Than With These You Valentine’s Day Cards
- Lena Waithe, Wife Alana Mayo Split 2 Months After Announcing Marriage
- Aaron Rodgers Questions God During Religious Chat With Danica Patrick