La La Anthony: Carmelo Anthony and I Are Quarantining TogetherLatest News
“I’m on the West Coast. I have a bunch of my family with me. My son, obviously, is here,” the actress, 38, explained during an interview with Access earlier this week. “I was in New York, and I just felt like it was time to get out of New York. I was like, ‘You know, this is not the place to quarantine at anymore. It’s time to go.’ So I grabbed some of my nieces, family members, Kiyan, and we came out west and we are just quarantining now together. Melo is — he’s here somewhere.”
La La shared that she and the athlete, 35, are on good terms, for which their son is thankful. “It’s actually been smooth sailing,” she said. “To see my son just so happy, even in the midst of what’s going on in the world, to me, is what’s important and what matters to me. So I feel really great about that.”
However, the BH90210 alum is struggling with home-schooling her teenager. “I’m getting help with these online classes,” she admitted. “Kiyan is 13 now, so can you imagine the work that he’s getting? And I’m Googling, like, math problems and this. I’m like, ‘I don’t remember this stuff.’ So at least I have some help to help me with that because wow, the work at 13 — seventh grade — is no joke.”
La La and Carmelo split in April 2017 after seven years of marriage. Us Weekly exclusively confirmed in December 2018 that they were back together. “La La and Carmelo have recently reconciled and they truly still love one another,” a source revealed at the time. “It’s so obvious when they’re together.” The insider added that the duo “want what’s best for their son and are committed to being a family.”
The Power actress confessed in May 2019 that their relationship still had its difficult moments. “Marriage is hard,” she told Us. “I tell everybody that, and it’s one day at a time, and that’s what we’re doing. Just trying to take it one day at a time.”
Things between La La and Carmelo were “strained” as of June 2019, according to a source. The basketball player faced cheating rumors at the time, though he seemingly denied the allegations.
An insider claimed the following month that the Chi star was “weighing her legal options.”
Given the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19, Us Weekly wants our readers to have access to the most accurate resources. For the most up-to-date coronavirus information, guidance and support, consult the CDC, WHO and information from local public health officials. If you’re experiencing coronavirus symptoms, call your primary care provider for medical advice.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Look Back at Angelina Jolie’s Sexiest, Most Scintillating Pictures Through the Years
- Lea Michele Accused of Making ‘Ragtime’ Understudy ‘Cry Every Night’
- SNL’s Chris Redd Launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund to Help Raise $250,000 for BLM Protesters
- Jim Edmonds Is Going to Be a Grandpa: I’m ‘Feeling Very Grateful’
- ‘Modern Family’ Star Fred Willard’s Cause of Death Revealed
- Samantha Marie Ware Seemingly Responds to Lea Michele’s Apology: ‘Perceived?’
- Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas March in Black Lives Matter Protest
- Warner Bros. Offers a Powerful Lesson in Systemic Racism With Free Just Mercy Rentals
- Keke Palmer Asks National Guard to Join Protesters: “March Beside Us, Protect Us!”
- RHOBH’s Erika Jayne Defends Her Police Officer Son From Haters