La La Anthony: Carmelo Anthony and I Are Quarantining TogetherLatest News
“I’m on the West Coast. I have a bunch of my family with me. My son, obviously, is here,” the actress, 38, explained during an interview with Access earlier this week. “I was in New York, and I just felt like it was time to get out of New York. I was like, ‘You know, this is not the place to quarantine at anymore. It’s time to go.’ So I grabbed some of my nieces, family members, Kiyan, and we came out west and we are just quarantining now together. Melo is — he’s here somewhere.”
La La shared that she and the athlete, 35, are on good terms, for which their son is thankful. “It’s actually been smooth sailing,” she said. “To see my son just so happy, even in the midst of what’s going on in the world, to me, is what’s important and what matters to me. So I feel really great about that.”
However, the BH90210 alum is struggling with home-schooling her teenager. “I’m getting help with these online classes,” she admitted. “Kiyan is 13 now, so can you imagine the work that he’s getting? And I’m Googling, like, math problems and this. I’m like, ‘I don’t remember this stuff.’ So at least I have some help to help me with that because wow, the work at 13 — seventh grade — is no joke.”
La La and Carmelo split in April 2017 after seven years of marriage. Us Weekly exclusively confirmed in December 2018 that they were back together. “La La and Carmelo have recently reconciled and they truly still love one another,” a source revealed at the time. “It’s so obvious when they’re together.” The insider added that the duo “want what’s best for their son and are committed to being a family.”
The Power actress confessed in May 2019 that their relationship still had its difficult moments. “Marriage is hard,” she told Us. “I tell everybody that, and it’s one day at a time, and that’s what we’re doing. Just trying to take it one day at a time.”
Things between La La and Carmelo were “strained” as of June 2019, according to a source. The basketball player faced cheating rumors at the time, though he seemingly denied the allegations.
An insider claimed the following month that the Chi star was “weighing her legal options.”
Given the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19, Us Weekly wants our readers to have access to the most accurate resources. For the most up-to-date coronavirus information, guidance and support, consult the CDC, WHO and information from local public health officials. If you’re experiencing coronavirus symptoms, call your primary care provider for medical advice.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Going For the Mirrorball Trophy: Here’s Who Is Still in the Competition on DWTS
- Cheryl Burke Is 2 Years Sober: It Was a Decision ‘I Made for Myself’
- Lance Bass: I’ve Spoken to Jamie Lynn Spears About Britney’s Legal Drama
- Jen Harley Calls Out Ronnie Ortiz-Magro for Moving ‘Away From His Daughter’
- The Vow: Barbara Bouchey and Keith Raniere Dated For Nearly a Decade Before She Fled NXIVM
- Stars Go Nude on Twitter and Instagram
- Jordyn Woods: ‘Everything in My Life Changed’ After Tristan Cheating Scandal
- Watch the Secret Society of Second-Born Royals Cast Hilariously Quiz Each Other on Disney Movies
- Gwyneth Paltrow Poses Nude on Her 48th B-Day and Daughter Apple Is Not Happy
- Jordyn Woods Goes Instagram Official With Boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns