Misunderstanding? Mark Ronson has apologized for saying he is sapiosexual, a person who is sexually attracted to intelligence, after saying he identified as the sexual orientation in an interview with Good Morning Britain on September 19.
“I do not consider myself part of any marginalized community and I apologize if anybody misunderstood or took offense to it,” the music producer, 44, clarified in an interview with Rolling Stone on Wednesday, September 25.
The entertainer explained that while backstage waiting for his interview, he was told the show was doing a segment on sapiosexuality. When he was asked for his opinion on it, Ronson confessed that he wasn’t familiar with the term.
He told Rolling Stone the word was defined to him as, “when you’re attracted to intelligence.” The “Uptown Funk” producer responded, “That sounds great. Of course, who wouldn’t be?”
Ronson said the show’s hosts took his comments further than he expected.
“And they were like basically like, ‘OK, Mark Ronson identifies himself as sapiosexual, that’s great,’” he added. “And then they proceeded to ask me about Miley Cyrus’ dating life and something else I probably wasn’t that informed to talk about, either, and then that was it.”
At first, the Grammy winner wasn’t concerned about his comments because he thought people would understand his meaning in the context of the interview.
“But that’s not what happens on Twitter anymore,” he said. “It sounds like I went on a TV show to be like, ‘Guys, I have some big news!’ And the fact that I would go on and sort of declare myself — like as a heterosexual white male — part of any marginalized community was terrifying to me, or just embarrassing.”
During his Good Morning Britain appearance, host Kate Harraway asked Ronson, “Now we know you are single, and Mark has got very involved in our debate backstage, you are identifying as a man who likes intellect?”
“Yeah, I didn’t know that there was a word for it,” he responded. “We were all arguing backstage in the dressing room with a couple of your producers. And yes, I feel like, I identify as sapiosexual.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- ’90 Day Fiance: The Other Way’ Stars Tiffany Franco and Ronald Smith Split
- These 38 Sexy Movies on Netflix This February Will Make Every Day Feel Like V-Day
- Jessica Simpson: I ‘Always’ Had a Cup of Alcohol With Me Before I Got Sober
- There’s No Other Way to Put It: Billie Eilish’s Grammys Performance Was Beautiful
- LeBron James Breaks His Silence After Kobe Bryant’s Tragic Death
- Shaquille O’Neal Thought Kobe Bryant’s Death Was a Hoax
- Irina Shayk: Bradley Cooper and I Were ‘Very Lucky’ to Have Each Other
- This Was the Moment That Got Billie Eilish Bleeped at the Grammys
- Kobe Bryant’s Fatal Helicopter Crash: Everything We Know
- Kobe Bryant DMed Shaq’s Son Hours Before Deadly Helicopter Crash