Mary-Kate Olsen Officially Files for Divorce After Emergency Petition RejectedLatest News
The Full House alum’s legal team were the first in New York City to file paperwork on Monday, May 25, after the New York courts lifted an eight-week moratorium due to the coronavirus pandemic that halted all criminal and civil court proceedings not deemed to be essential or an emergency.
The New York Daily News reports that Olsen’s lawyers filed a summons and complaint on Monday morning with the Manhattan county clerk. The move came after the former actress, 33, asked a judge earlier this month to grant her an emergency order to allow her to file the legal paperwork to end her marriage to the French businessman, 50, but the judge rejected her bid.
Us Weekly confirmed on May 13 that the couple had split after five years of marriage, with the fashion designer originally signing a petition for divorce on April 17, which was stalled due to the holdups associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
TMZ reported that Sarkozy emailed Olsen’s lawyers a deadline for her to move out of their NYC apartment, telling her she needed to be out by May 18 because he had terminated their lease without her knowledge.
The former child star was seeking an extension, hoping to have until May 30 to vacate while abiding by the city’s quarantine guidelines. Olsen claimed that she was not allowed to go in and out of the building amid the shutdowns.
The outlet also reported that the Row designer wanted to obtain the divorce petition to enable her to stop her estranged husband from disposing of her property and was requesting that their prenuptial agreement be enforced.
“Her business interests and fortune are protected,” the source added.
Olsen and Sarkozy wed in November 2015 and she was stepmother to his two children — son Julien, 18, and daughter, Margot, 16 — from a previous marriage.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Colton Spotted for the 1st Time in L.A. Since Cassie’s Restraining Order
- Kristin Cavallari Breaks Her Silence on Divorce From Jay Cutler: “We Tried Really, Really Hard”
- Donald Trump Fires Back at Meghan Markle, Prince Harry After Election Comments
- The Masked Singer: Breaking Down All Our Theories About Who Are Behind the Masks
- Kristin Cavallari Says She Thought About Divorce ‘Every Day for 2 Years’
- Candace Cameron Bure’s Quotes About Decades-Long Marriage to Valeri Bure
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Break Royal Protocol With 2020 Election Video
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Ask Americans to Get Out and Vote: “You Deserve to Be Heard”
- Kelly Clarkson and Usher Connect Over Divorce Difficulties
- Jason Priestley Says Shannen Doherty Is a ‘Fighter’ Amid Cancer Battle