Meghan Trainor’s Dad Injured After Being Struck By CarLatest News
Meghan Trainor’s father, Gary Trainor, was hospitalized in California on Friday, February 21, after being injured when he was hit by a car while crossing a street, Us Weekly can confirm.
Gary, 71, was walking across a busy street near the San Fernando Valley on Friday night when he was struck by the car. He was transported to a nearby Los Angeles emergency room and is now in a stable condition, Meghan’s rep confirms to Us. Entertainment Tonight reports that the incident happened at 8:15 p.m. and the vehicle and driver remained at the scene, with the Los Angeles Police Department confirming that it was not a hit-and-run incident. TMZ was the first to report the news.
The “All About That Bass” singer, 26, and her musician father are very close and he helped her write some songs on her 2011 album, Only 17, including “Cupid.”
Gary has also accompanied her as her date to several award shows. He was by her side when she won the Grammy award for Best New Artist in 2016, with the pair both crying as her name was announced.
The “Dear Future Husband” singer later shared a photo on Instagram of herself and her father in tears, captioning the pic, “This is me forever..bawling my eyes out. Can’t believe what happened. My dad whispered ‘you made it’ before I walked up and I lost it. I love my family so much. Without them I wouldn’t be here today. Thank you to my team and everyone who got me here. Gonna cry happy tears all night. AHHHHHH.”
In a 2016 interview with Billboard, Meghan — who grew up singing in a family band featuring her dad, her aunt Lisa and her younger brother, Justin — credited her father with inspiring her vocal style. “My dad thinks he’s James Brown sometimes,” she said. “He’s very soulful. He’ll just go, ‘How you doing’, baby?’”
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Mike Johnson Slams ‘The Bachelor’ for ‘Atrocious’ Lack of Diversity
- RHOC’s Tamra Judge Is ‘Excited’ About Returning to Real Estate Roots
- Netflix’s Away Looks Like Interstellar, Only With Hilary Swank and Less Wormholes
- Antonio Banderas Has Coronavirus, Celebrating 60th Birthday in Quarantine
- Rachael Ray, Husband John Cusimano, Dog Bella Safe After Fire at Her Home
- 6 Significant Milestones in Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly’s Whirlwind Romance
- Cardi B Defends Putting Kylie Jenner in Her ‘WAP’ Video Amid Outcry
- Chrishell Stause Responds After Christine Quinn Likes Tweet Calling Her ‘Sad’
- 90 Day Fiance’s Ashley Celebrates ‘Wild’ 3rd Anniversary With Jay
- Simon Cowell Hospitalized With Broken Back After Bike Accident