Michael Douglas Says Catherine Zeta-Jones Still Gives Him ButterfliesLatest News
“She does [still give me butterflies],” the Kominsky Method actor, 74, told Us Weekly and other reporters at the BAFTA Tea Party on Saturday, September 21, ahead of the 2019 Emmy Awards. “She cleans up pretty good.”
As for having the support of the Chicago actress, 49, Douglas told Us “thank God” she’ll be by his side on Sunday night as he finds out the fate of his nomination for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for his role of Sandy Kominsky in the hit netflix show.
“So many clichés, you’d be hearing them all the time. This means a lot to me. This is comedy, you know … I’ve been [acting] for 50 years and the two areas I really had not done before was green screen … and then kind of a comedy show, and so I’ve just been so blessed. Chuck Lorre is just great great writing [and costar] Alan Arkin. You’re in this wonderful environment at time now when streaming has made it much more easy to bridge between television and film,” Doulgas explained to Us. “So it’s a great time. It’s a really nice time. It’s nice to be out here and I’ll enjoy every minute of it. I’ll be the most stunned person if I win tomorrow. They’ll have to pick me up off the floor.”
Despite being in the spotlight for more than five decades, Doulgas told Us he and Zeta-Jones still soak up the opportunity to attend the award shows.
“We live back east and we live in the country. So, we look at it as an opportunity to come out and see a lot of old friends and go to these shows, see people we love or admire,” he said. “We’re fans to of a lot of the stuff that we see on television and in the films, so that part is great and sort of treat it like a real experience rather than a necessity or part of your requirements.”
Douglas and Zeta-Jones tied the knot in November 2000 and share son Dylan, 19, and daughter Carys, 16. Douglas is also dad of son Cameron, 40, whom he shares with ex-wife Diandra Luker.
With reporting by Nicole Pajer
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Hell Yes! Here’s When Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 3 Drops on Netflix
- Cara Santana Ditches Engagement Ring After Jesse Metcalfe Split
- Bachelor Nation Remembers Tyler Gwozdz After His Death
- Jesse Metcalfe and Jade Albany Spotted ‘Making Out’ at West Hollywood Pub
- The Jonas Brothers Reveal the Mastermind Behind Their Viral Kardashian-Inspired TikTok
- Channing Tatum and Jessie J Are Back Together 1 Month After Split News
- There’s No Better Way to Say “I Wolf You” Than With These You Valentine’s Day Cards
- Lena Waithe, Wife Alana Mayo Split 2 Months After Announcing Marriage
- Aaron Rodgers Questions God During Religious Chat With Danica Patrick
- Kendall Jenner and Ben Simmons Show PDA While Grocery Shopping