Michael Jackson Wanted to Go on a Date With Halle Berry, Babyface SaysLatest News
“True story, fun fact! One time, Michael called me, Michael said, ‘Babyface, do you know who Halle Berry is? Do you know Halle Berry?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I know Halle Berry,’” the music producer, 61, recalled to Jackson family friend Teddy Riley on Monday, April 20. “He said, ‘Could you do me a favor? I want you to call her ‘cause I want to take her out on a date.’ I said, ‘What?’ and he said, ‘Call her. I want to take her out on a date.’”
Babyface explained that he did not have the Oscar winner’s phone number, so he contacted her agent.
“I called and gave the message. The manager said, ‘What? He wants to … ?’ I said, ‘Yeah, he wants to take her on a date,’” the songwriter continued. “And then I was waiting to hear back from Halle. I can’t tell you exactly what Halle said, but I imagine it probably would have been something like this.”
Babyface then cued up a clip of Berry, 53, from her 1992 movie Boomerang. Her character, Angela Lewis, said, “You know, what do you know about love? What do you possibly think you know about love?”
Babyface and Teddy Riley are live on Instagram rn, and Babyface talked about that one time Michael wanted to take Halle Berry on a date pic.twitter.com/uomIeqGtuw
— Julie | (@juliejksn) April 21, 2020
While it is unclear when the phone call took place — and whether Jackson and Berry actually ended up going on a date — the pair shared the stage at the Bambi Awards in Germany in November 2002. They posed for photos together at the ceremony after the King of Pop was honored with the Pop Artist of the Millennium Award and the actress took home a trophy for her movie Monster’s Ball.
The “Thriller” singer was notoriously private about his love life. He was married twice, to Lisa Marie Presley from 1994 to 1996 and Debbie Rowe from 1996 to 1999, and had three children: Prince, 23, Paris, 22, and Bigi (formerly known as Blanket), 18.
Jackson died at age 50 in June 2009 from cardiac arrest induced by propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Why Taylor Swift Fans Are Flooding Jake Gyllenhaal’s Instagram Comments
- I’m Fully Sobbing Over Jeannie Mai’s Up Performance From DWTS’s Disney Night
- 8 Revelations From Mariah Carey’s Memoir: Exes, Affair and Secret Album
- Going For the Mirrorball Trophy: Here’s Who Is Still in the Competition on DWTS
- Cheryl Burke Is 2 Years Sober: It Was a Decision ‘I Made for Myself’
- Lance Bass: I’ve Spoken to Jamie Lynn Spears About Britney’s Legal Drama
- Jen Harley Calls Out Ronnie Ortiz-Magro for Moving ‘Away From His Daughter’
- The Vow: Barbara Bouchey and Keith Raniere Dated For Nearly a Decade Before She Fled NXIVM
- Stars Go Nude on Twitter and Instagram
- Jordyn Woods: ‘Everything in My Life Changed’ After Tristan Cheating Scandal