Michelle Obama Praises Meghan Markle For Being an “Inspiration to So Many”Latest News
Meghan Markle is currently on a 10-day royal tour of Southern Africa with Prince Harry and her 4-month-old son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, and Michelle Obama is so proud of all the important work she is doing in the region. On Wednesday, the former first lady shared an Instagram photo of the Duchess of Sussex with members from the Obama Foundation’s Girls Opportunity Alliance during a youth reception in Cape Town.
“Thank you to my friend, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex @sussexroyal, a thoughtful leader who is breaking the mold and making our world better for it,” Michelle captioned the snap. “Whether meeting with our @ObamaFoundation Leaders or helping girls around the world seek the education they deserve, she is an inspiration to so many.”
In addition being a longtime friend of the royal family, Michelle first met Meghan back in December 2018 when Michelle visited London to promote her memoir, Becoming. Given that both women are advocates for girls’ education and women’s rights, it makes sense that the two hit it off. Most recently, Meghan interviewed Michelle for her guest-edited September issue of British Vogue, where they talked about their philanthropic work and motherhood. Now this is a friendship we need to see more of.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Aaron Rodgers Questions God During Religious Chat With Danica Patrick
- Kendall Jenner and Ben Simmons Show PDA While Grocery Shopping
- The Jonas Brothers Try to Write a Love Song After Going Day Drinking With Seth Meyers
- How Meghan Markle Is Adjusting to Her New Life Amid the Royal Family Drama
- Vanessa Hudgens Spotted on Date With Lakers’ Kyle Kuzma After Austin Butler Split
- Uncovering the New “Her” Mystery on This Is Us: Who Is Kevin’s Fiancée in the Flash-Forward?
- Olympian Lolo Jones Says Being Honest About Her Virginity ‘Killed’ Her Dates
- Pamela Anderson’s Dating History: From Tommy Lee to Jon Peters
- Here Are All the Winners of the 2020 SAG Awards!
- Kendall Jenner and Ex Ben Simmons Spend Weekend Together in NYC