My Ears Never Really Knew Peace Until Jennifer Hudson Sang “A Change Is Gonna Come” at the DNCLatest News
Jennifer Hudson gave us goosebumps on goosebumps with her commanding performance of “A Change Is Gonna Come” at the 2020 Democratic National Convention on Aug. 19. After Sen. Kamala Harris closed her remarks, the singer performed Sam Cooke’s famous track at the Harold Washington Cultural Center in Chicago, under a gorgeous tiffany dome. According to Variety, Hudson actually performed the “Aretha Franklin” version of the song – perhaps a nod to the upcoming Respect biopic?
Hudson looked like a vision in an orange gown and gold earrings, but, naturally, it’s her voice that stole the show as she belted out the soulful song with two dueling pianos and a saxophone in the background. The pianists also held a special connection to Franklin: Richard Gibbs was her longtime piano player and Fred Nelson was her conductor. I have no choice but to watch her performance on repeat, and you can too, in the clip above starting at the 2:15:00 mark.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Colton Spotted for the 1st Time in L.A. Since Cassie’s Restraining Order
- Kristin Cavallari Breaks Her Silence on Divorce From Jay Cutler: “We Tried Really, Really Hard”
- Donald Trump Fires Back at Meghan Markle, Prince Harry After Election Comments
- The Masked Singer: Breaking Down All Our Theories About Who Are Behind the Masks
- Kristin Cavallari Says She Thought About Divorce ‘Every Day for 2 Years’
- Candace Cameron Bure’s Quotes About Decades-Long Marriage to Valeri Bure
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Break Royal Protocol With 2020 Election Video
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Ask Americans to Get Out and Vote: “You Deserve to Be Heard”
- Kelly Clarkson and Usher Connect Over Divorce Difficulties
- Jason Priestley Says Shannen Doherty Is a ‘Fighter’ Amid Cancer Battle