Netflix’s The Circle Is Basically a Black Mirror Episode IRL, and I’m Completely Sucked InLatest News
Netflix might’ve undone all the hard work Black Mirror put into scaring people away from dangerous technology with its new reality show, The Circle, but frankly, fans aren’t mad about it. In fact, they’re practically begging for more episodes since the first four dropped on Jan. 1. It’s the type of show you love to hate, and hate to love – and makes for perfect end-of-week binging.
The Circle (which started in the UK) is reminiscent of Big Brother with a tech-savvy twist. Instead of interacting in person, contestants must use an Alexa-like system called “The Circle” to communicate with each other. They strategize in private message groups, compete against each other during challenges, and build profiles to put their best foot forward. The only catch? Seeing is not believing in this game. Certain participants are actually pretending to be someone they’re not, and it’s up to the rest of the group to identify the correct catfish.
Sounds eerie, dark, and a little too real . . . so tell me why I can’t stop watching? Ahead, see a few of my favorite reactions from people on Twitter who feel similarly. (But watch out for spoilers!) A new year always means new shows to obsess over.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- While You Prepare For Trinkets Season 2, Remember That We’re Not Getting More Episodes
- Mike Johnson Slams ‘The Bachelor’ for ‘Atrocious’ Lack of Diversity
- RHOC’s Tamra Judge Is ‘Excited’ About Returning to Real Estate Roots
- Netflix’s Away Looks Like Interstellar, Only With Hilary Swank and Less Wormholes
- Antonio Banderas Has Coronavirus, Celebrating 60th Birthday in Quarantine
- Rachael Ray, Husband John Cusimano, Dog Bella Safe After Fire at Her Home
- 6 Significant Milestones in Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly’s Whirlwind Romance
- Cardi B Defends Putting Kylie Jenner in Her ‘WAP’ Video Amid Outcry
- Chrishell Stause Responds After Christine Quinn Likes Tweet Calling Her ‘Sad’
- 90 Day Fiance’s Ashley Celebrates ‘Wild’ 3rd Anniversary With Jay