Netflix’s The Circle Is Basically a Black Mirror Episode IRL, and I’m Completely Sucked InLatest News
Netflix might’ve undone all the hard work Black Mirror put into scaring people away from dangerous technology with its new reality show, The Circle, but frankly, fans aren’t mad about it. In fact, they’re practically begging for more episodes since the first four dropped on Jan. 1. It’s the type of show you love to hate, and hate to love – and makes for perfect end-of-week binging.
The Circle (which started in the UK) is reminiscent of Big Brother with a tech-savvy twist. Instead of interacting in person, contestants must use an Alexa-like system called “The Circle” to communicate with each other. They strategize in private message groups, compete against each other during challenges, and build profiles to put their best foot forward. The only catch? Seeing is not believing in this game. Certain participants are actually pretending to be someone they’re not, and it’s up to the rest of the group to identify the correct catfish.
Sounds eerie, dark, and a little too real . . . so tell me why I can’t stop watching? Ahead, see a few of my favorite reactions from people on Twitter who feel similarly. (But watch out for spoilers!) A new year always means new shows to obsess over.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Oliver Queen Did Not Fail This City – Fans Say Farewell to the Arrowverse’s Founding Hero
- Steamy! Cody Simpson Shares Photo of Miley Cyrus in Bathtub
- Jonathan Scott’s Sweet Birthday Message for Zooey Deschanel
- Twitter Is Practically Ready to Give Cheer’s Coach Monica a Nobel Peace Prize
- Dog the Bounty Hunter Admits to Financial Trouble After Wife’s Death
- Stars Who Have Tried Online Dating!
- The Jonas Brothers’ Wives Are the True Stars of Their New Rom-Com Inspired Music Video
- Joe Giudice: There’s ‘No Competition’ With Teresa for Daughters’ Love
- Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, and Lisa Kudrow Reunited For a Girls’ Night Out
- Justin Timberlake Leaves Flirty Comment on Jessica Biel’s Post After Scandal