Newly Single The Weeknd Looks Unrecognizable — and Twitter Is Losing It!Latest News
The three-time Grammy winner, 29, debuted his new (and much less angular) afro-like hairstyle while walking the red carpet at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival on Monday, September 9, after the Uncut Gems premiere. He also shaved off his beard, leaving behind only a mustache.
The Weeknd (real name Abel Tesfaye) looked sharp in a navy blue suit with a white button-down shirt and brown leather shoes as he flashed a smile for the cameras.
“He look like Lionel Richie had a baby with el debarge,” one fan tweeted. Other Twitter users jokingly changed the artist’s name to The Weekday in honor of his new look.
The film festival marked The Weeknd’s first red carpet appearance since Us Weekly confirmed in early August that he and Hadid, 22, had called it quits for the second time.
The former couple met in April 2015 when the model posed for the cover artwork of the entertainer’s breakout album, Beauty Behind the Madness. Us broke the news of their relationship a month later.
The Weeknd and Hadid’s first breakup made headlines in November 2016, with a source telling Us, “They still have a great deal of love and respect for each other and will remain friends, but it has been too hard to coordinate their schedules. … They really tried to make it work.”
After breaking up, The Weeknd and Hadid were spotted at the same nightclub, Catch One in Los Angeles, on August 15. However, she left with her friends less than 10 minutes after his arrival.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Hannah Brown Is a Total Beast on the Ballroom Floor During the DWTS Premiere
- Sharna Burgess Attends ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 28 Premiere After Axing
- Tarek El Moussa Buys GF Heather Rae Young a Ferrari for Her Birthday
- Getting Flirty! Nick Viall and Rachel Bilson Spark Dating Rumors
- Lisa Vanderpump Reflects on ‘Tough Year’ While Celebrating 59th Birthday
- Here’s the Full Cast For Dancing With the Stars Season 28
- Kelly Clarkson Covered Sia’s “Chandelier,” and Now My Entire Body Is Covered in Goosebumps
- Bachelor’s Kirpa Sudick Speaks Out About Cam Ayala Dating Rumors
- Prince William Called Princess Diana Upset Over Her Topless Photo Scandal
- Bachelorette’s Mike Johnson Likes Demi Lovato Bikini Pic Amid Dating Rumors