Newly Single The Weeknd Looks Unrecognizable — and Twitter Is Losing It!Latest News
The three-time Grammy winner, 29, debuted his new (and much less angular) afro-like hairstyle while walking the red carpet at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival on Monday, September 9, after the Uncut Gems premiere. He also shaved off his beard, leaving behind only a mustache.
The Weeknd (real name Abel Tesfaye) looked sharp in a navy blue suit with a white button-down shirt and brown leather shoes as he flashed a smile for the cameras.
“He look like Lionel Richie had a baby with el debarge,” one fan tweeted. Other Twitter users jokingly changed the artist’s name to The Weekday in honor of his new look.
The film festival marked The Weeknd’s first red carpet appearance since Us Weekly confirmed in early August that he and Hadid, 22, had called it quits for the second time.
The former couple met in April 2015 when the model posed for the cover artwork of the entertainer’s breakout album, Beauty Behind the Madness. Us broke the news of their relationship a month later.
The Weeknd and Hadid’s first breakup made headlines in November 2016, with a source telling Us, “They still have a great deal of love and respect for each other and will remain friends, but it has been too hard to coordinate their schedules. … They really tried to make it work.”
After breaking up, The Weeknd and Hadid were spotted at the same nightclub, Catch One in Los Angeles, on August 15. However, she left with her friends less than 10 minutes after his arrival.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Chrissy Teigen Donates $200,000 to Pay for George Floyd Protesters’ Bail
- Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra Were an Iconic ’90s Couple, but Their Marriage Didn’t Last
- Julianne Hough Talks ‘Change’ in Kinrgy Class After Brooks Laich Split
- A Tap on the Shoulder From Julia Roberts Is All It Took For James Marsden to Land Hairspray
- Lionel and Nicole Richie Were ‘Weary’ About Sofia’s Romance With Scott Disick
- A Look at Chrishell Stause’s Relationship History: From Matthew Morrison to Justin Hartley
- What Went Wrong? Julianne Hough and Brooks’ Split Was ‘a Long Time Coming’
- Bachelor Nation Reacts to Colton Underwood, Cassie Randolph Split
- The Kardashian-Jenner Family’s Drama-Filled History With ‘Forbes’: A Timeline
- 10 LGBTQ+ Films For Every Mood to Watch During Pride Month