Nicki Minaj Says She Was ‘Afraid’ in Past Abusive Relationship Ahead of WeddingLatest News
Nicki Minaj opened up about an abusive relationship in her past and said it left her “so afraid to speak” for fear of being hit.
“When u see a woman in a toxic relationship, rather than laugh & say mean things, try to offer sound advice from your heart & root for her to learn her worth. We’ve all been there. I saw my parents fight & argue non stop & never divorce, so I thought this was normal behavior…” she wrote in the first of a series of tweets on Sunday, September 1.
“I rlly used to think love had to hurt. So I could never look down on anyone else. We are merely human. It’s not easy to leave. Especially in the world of IG where all ppl want to do is post relationship goal pics for clout & attention. A man should make you feel safe, not afraid,” Minaj, 36, continued. “I remember being so afraid to speak cuz I never knew when that person would be in a particular mood and I could maybe say one wrong thing that would get me hit.”
I remember being so afraid to speak cuz I never knew when that person would be in a particular mood and I could maybe say one wrong thing that would get me hit. So the diff you see in me now is that feeling when a woman feels lifted up, safe, appreciated & unconditionally loved.
— Mrs. Petty (@NICKIMINAJ) September 1, 2019
Referencing her current relationship with boyfriend Kenneth Petty, who she plans to wed soon, the rapper added, “So the diff you see in me now is that feeling when a woman feels lifted up, safe, appreciated & unconditionally loved.”
She told her 20.5 million followers that in order to find a happy, loving relationship, she had to “learn how to love MYSELF.”
“If you wouldn’t let a man treat your mother, your sister or best friend like that b/c you LOVE them, then you wouldn’t let a man treat YOU like that b/c you love YOU,” she concluded. “This isn’t about judging. We judge too much. Lift them up.”
Minaj also shared guidelines for sorting the good guys from the bad ones, tweeting, “A man who loves you does not: 1. Humiliate you on social media 2. Beat you 3. Cheat on you 4. Call you out of your name/put you down to lower your self esteem due to his own insecurities. 5. Hide his phone, passwords, where abouts, etc.”
The Grammy nominee confirmed her relationship with Petty, 41, last December. The pair had known each other as teenagers and Minaj later defended her boyfriend after fans pointed out that he is a registered sex offender in New York state who was convicted of attempted rape in the first degree in 1995.
“He was 15, she was 16 … in a relationship,” she wrote at the time. “But go awf, Internet. … Y’all can’t run my life. Y’all can’t even run y’all own life. Thank you boo.”
She revealed last month that the couple had filed for a marriage license — for the second time — and plan to wed before the paperwork expires in 90 days and has already changed her Twitter handle to Mrs. Petty.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Jesse Metcalfe and Jade Albany Spotted ‘Making Out’ at West Hollywood Pub
- The Jonas Brothers Reveal the Mastermind Behind Their Viral Kardashian-Inspired TikTok
- Channing Tatum and Jessie J Are Back Together 1 Month After Split News
- There’s No Better Way to Say “I Wolf You” Than With These You Valentine’s Day Cards
- Lena Waithe, Wife Alana Mayo Split 2 Months After Announcing Marriage
- Aaron Rodgers Questions God During Religious Chat With Danica Patrick
- Kendall Jenner and Ben Simmons Show PDA While Grocery Shopping
- The Jonas Brothers Try to Write a Love Song After Going Day Drinking With Seth Meyers
- How Meghan Markle Is Adjusting to Her New Life Amid the Royal Family Drama
- Vanessa Hudgens Spotted on Date With Lakers’ Kyle Kuzma After Austin Butler Split