Pete Davidson: ‘All of My Uncles Freaked Out’ When I Dated Kate BeckinsaleLatest News
“All of my uncles freaked out,” the Saturday Night Live star, 26, said during an interview with Charlamagne Tha God on Monday, February 24, while discussing the “legendary” actress. “She’s one of the funniest people I’ve ever met.”
Davidson’s romance with Beckinsale, 46, first made headlines in January 2019 after they were spotted flirting at multiple Golden Globe afterparties. A source told Us at the time, “Kate is into Pete and he’s exactly her type. She likes young guys who make her laugh.”
The couple made a rare public appearance together at a New York Rangers game that March, when they were famously photographed making out in their seats.
However, their relationship turned out to be short-lived: Us confirmed in April 2019 that the stand-up comedian and the Underworld star had amicably called it quits after nearly four months together.
Davidson explained to Charlamagne, 41, on Monday that the timing wasn’t right for him and Beckinsale.
“I think I was going into another rehab. I must have a pattern,” he joked, referencing his more recent treatment stay on the heels of his January split from Kaia Gerber. “I wasn’t right yet, and [Kate] had a lot of acting and work to do. She’s a superstar.”
The Alive From New York star has become quite a ladies’ man since his rise to fame. In addition to Beckinsale and Gerber, 18, he has dated actresses Cazzie David and Margaret Qualley and was engaged to Ariana Grande for four months in 2018.
“He has a great sense of humor. He’s a fun, good, loving kid. He loves his mother. And he’s everything a girl would like,” Davidson’s SNL costar Kenan Thompson told Us exclusively in November 2019. “So it’s not surprising the girls like him. I’m proud to call him my buddy.”
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Ben Higgins: Why Jess and I Can Only Get Married During a ‘Select Few Months’
- Billie Eilish Soothes Puppies to Sleep While Singing “Everything I Wanted” at Home
- Michelle Money Gives Update on Her Daughter Following Skateboard Accident
- Ben Higgins Opens Up About Engagement to Jess Clarke: ‘Let’s Celebrate’
- Lily James and Matt Smith Spotted Together After Split Rumors: Pics
- The Schitt’s Creek Cast Is a Big, Happy Family in Real Life, and We Love to See It
- Prince Charles ‘Out of Self-Isolation’ 1 Week After Coronavirus Diagnosis
- John Krasinski Wants to Share Good News With the World, So He Reached Out to Steve Carell
- Meghan King Edmonds, Husband Jim Arguing Over Kids After His Coronavirus Test
- Terri Irwin Says Late Husband Steve Would Have Worn Khaki to Bindi’s Wedding