Prince Harry Launches His New Sustainable Travel Initiative Ahead of His Next Royal TourLatest News
Prince Harry stepped out in Amsterdam on Tuesday morning for the launch of a new sustainable travel project that’s apparently been two years in the making. The Prince’s new charity foundation is joining forces with some of the travel industry’s biggest names – Booking.com, SkyScanner, CTrip, TripAdvisor, and Visa – to create Travalyst, a global initiative that encourages tourists and travelers to think more about the impact their journeys have on local communities, wildlife, and ecosystems.
Travalyst does not discourage travel but strives to encourage those who do take journeys to do so in a sustainable and responsible way. It “aims to make travel more sustainable, to help protect destinations and benefit communities long into the future, and to enable consumers to make more environmental friendly choices whilst traveling.”
During the launch, the prince spoke in depth about how fortunate he has been to travel the world, saying, “I have learned so much from the experiences I’ve had and the people I’ve met in places like Botswana and the Caribbean, Nepal, and New Zealand.” However, he noted that we can all do better when it comes to recognizing the impact we have on the planet when we travel: something he knows all too well, after coming under fire recently after taking a private jet to the south of France. Harry and Meghan will hit the road again soon, as they embark on their first royal tour since the birth of Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. Harry, Meghan, and Archie will travel to South Africa, before the Prince carries out engagements in Malawi, Angola, and Botswana. Ahead of that exciting trip, keep reading for a look at Harry’s big day in the Netherlands.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Beyoncé and JAY-Z Mean Business in Their Suited-Up Appearance at a Pre-Grammys Brunch
- Miranda Lambert Talks About ‘S–t Show’ After Blake Shelton Divorce
- Congrats! Brandon Jenner, Cayley Stoker Engaged Ahead of Twins’ Arrival
- These Shameless Prayer Candles Are For Anyone Who Bows Down to the Gallaghers
- The Jonas Brothers Are Owning TikTok, and 2 Other Things You Missed This Week
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chris Sullivan and Wife Rachel Are Expecting Baby No. 1
- Scott Borchetta Says He’ll Always ‘Root for’ Taylor Swift Despite Feud
- Pamela Anderson Shares 1st Pic With Husband Jon Peters After Secret Wedding
- Wait, Did ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Stars Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy Date?
- Billie Eilish’s “Everything I Wanted” Video Is an Ode to Her Brother, Finneas O’Connell