Rachael Leigh Cook Talks Finding Love After Divorce: He’s ‘Out of My League’Latest News
“He’s really great. I did good, if I do say so. Definitely hitting out of my league there,” the She’s All That actress, 40, told Us Weekly exclusively of boyfriend Kevin on Monday, August 24, while promoting her upcoming Netflix film Love, Guaranteed. “I met someone really nice, and I adore him. He’s fantastic.”
Cook was previously married to Gillies, 44, from whom she split in June 2019 after 15 years together. “This decision isn’t one we have come to easily or lightly,” the estranged pair wrote in a joint statement shared to Instagram at the time. “We love and respect each other as parents, people and artists and look forward to maintaining the best parts of our relationship for many years to come.”
The Minnesota native and the Vampire Diaries alum share two children, daughter Charlotte, 6, and son Theodore, 5. According to court documents obtained by Us earlier this year, Cook is seeking joint custody of her little ones in her divorce. While the actress is still adjusting to a coparenting routine with Gillies, she’s still waiting for the perfect moment to introduce them to her new flame.
“I feel like what’s the rush, you know what I mean? I don’t want to get it wrong. We’re going to take it beat by beat,” she told Us. “If they ever Google deep dive this time in their parents’ life and they see this interview in the future and they’re like, ‘What the hell, mom?’ we’ll have that discussion then. But in the meantime, I’m just going to take small steps and they can be on a need to know basis.”
Though Charlotte and Theodore “don’t get the full gravity” of their parents’ divorce, Cook and Gillies are working hard to show them that they “still have a great family dynamic in place.” Despite the challenges of working through a split amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Psych alum is trying to find ways to make date night with her new man as exciting as ever.
“QCT: quality couch time,” she teased, adding that the pair bonded over their shared love for “good trash TV” like 90 Day Fiancé. “It’s just one of our favorite things to do to escape.”
Cook’s journey in her own love life helped her find inspiration for her latest project, Love, Guaranteed, which begins streaming on Netflix on September 3.
“My character’s name is Susan Whitaker and I don’t mean to be a rom-com trope, but she’s definitely someone who’s given too much of her life to her work and has put all of her clients first and herself largely last — and definitely her relationship life last,” she explained. “When it comes walking through her door she doesn’t quite know what to do with it.”
With reporting by Marc Lupo
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Jen Harley Calls Out Ronnie Ortiz-Magro for Moving ‘Away From His Daughter’
- The Vow: Barbara Bouchey and Keith Raniere Dated For Nearly a Decade Before She Fled NXIVM
- Stars Go Nude on Twitter and Instagram
- Jordyn Woods: ‘Everything in My Life Changed’ After Tristan Cheating Scandal
- Watch the Secret Society of Second-Born Royals Cast Hilariously Quiz Each Other on Disney Movies
- Gwyneth Paltrow Poses Nude on Her 48th B-Day and Daughter Apple Is Not Happy
- Jordyn Woods Goes Instagram Official With Boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns
- The 15 Most Terrifying Stephen King Books, Ranked
- Jon and Ygritte Forever! Kit Harington and Rose Leslie’s Relationship Timeline
- Ant Anstead Breaks His Silence on Christina Anstead Split