Ryan Reynolds Ditches Pup in Favor of Gin for Westminster Dog ShowLatest News
The Deadpool star, 43, posted a video to Twitter on Friday, February 7, of himself gearing up for the main event. Though Reynolds was seemingly prepared to take his pup out on the floor, it was soon revealed that he was aiming to win big with a leashed bottle of Aviation Gin.
The hilarious moment is part of a partnership Reynold’s brand, Aviation Gin, forged with the Westminster Dog Show. In teaming up with the annual competition, Reynold’s gin brand created a specialty cocktail called “The Sensation.” The drink combines Aviation Gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and muddled blackberries, which is topped off with a lemon peel garnish.
Aviation Gin first hit the market in 2005, but the Canadian actor wouldn’t buy the company from the previous owner — Davos Brands, LLC — until February 2018. Months after acquiring the business, he opened up about his reason for the purchase.
“We’re at the beginning of what feels like a modern-day gin craze,” he told reporters in August 2018, per Fortune. “Millennials are drinking it. Young people are drinking it. Not toddlers, but young people.”
Reynolds first discovered the drink while visiting his hometown of Vancouver, Canada, adding: “I kept ordering this same Negroni again and again, and I didn’t know why it was so good. It was because of the gin, Aviation Gin. I realized I didn’t need the Negroni. I just needed the gin.”
The Green Lantern star revealed that he has continued to have “an active role in the day-to-day” operations of his company. He also “oversees creative direction as part of his mission to introduce the world to the great taste of Aviation.”
Reynolds’ brand’s partnership with the Westminster Dog Show comes just in time for this year’s event. The two-night competition is set to kickoff at New York City’s Madison Square Garden on Monday, February 10. The Best in Show will be announced on Tuesday, February 11.
Not all events occurring during the 144th annual affair will air on TV, but fans can tune into a live telecast airing on FS1 beginning Monday at 8:30 a.m. ET.
Listen on Spotify to Watch With Us to hear more about your favorite shows and for the latest TV news!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Ellen DeGeneres Faces Backlash for Comparing Quarantine to ‘Being in Jail’
- No, You Aren’t the Only One Still Sobbing Over the Schitt’s Creek Finale and Documentary
- Meryl Streep’s Daughter Grace Gummer Split From Husband 42 Days After Wedding
- Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer Are Still Friends Over 10 Years After Split
- Queen Elizabeth II Honors Healthcare Workers Helping to Fight Coronavirus
- Please Enjoy Catherine O’Hara Snapping in and Out of Character as Moira Rose For 36 Minutes
- Peter Weber Breaks His Silence on Those Kelley Flanagan Rumors
- Lady Gaga and Jimmy Fallon’s Compassion Convo Is a Must-See: “Kindness Is Totally Free”
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to Launch Wellbeing Website, Nonprofit
- Tiger King’s Dillon Passage Says New Episode Is ‘Kind of Like a Reunion’