Ryan Seacrest Plans to Return to NYC for ‘Live’ Despite L.A. Move RumorsLatest News
Still in a New York state of mind. Ryan Seacrest won’t be staying in Los Angeles after the coronavirus pandemic, despite rumors of a move to the west coast, a source exclusively reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly.
Earlier this month, rumors swirled that the American Idol host, 45, was thinking of making L.A. his permanent home after suffering a health scare one month earlier. Despite speculation, the insider says “Ryan is doing well,” and plans to head back to New York City to film Live with Kelly & Ryan when stay-at-home orders are lifted.
“There is no truth to the rumor he’s not moving back to New York,” the source adds. “He will go back when the show decides it’s safe to start up production again at the Live set in New York.”
Fans began to worry about the longtime radio personality’s health after he slightly slurred his words during the season 18 finale of American Idol on May 17. Concern became more widespread when he missed his cohosting gig with Kelly Ripa the next morning. At the time, Ripa, 49, reassured viewers that Seacrest was simply “taking the morning off” after a late night of work on Idol.
A source later confirmed to Us that Seacrest “did not have a stroke” on the show. His publicist continued to clear the air in a statement to People magazine, addressing the host’s swollen eyes and struggle to speak.
“Like many people right now, Ryan is adjusting to the new normal and finding work-home balance, with the added stress of having to put on live shows from home,” the rep explained on May 18. “Between Live With Kelly and Ryan, American Idol, On Air With Ryan Seacrest, and the Disney Family Singalong specials, he has been juggling three-four on-air jobs over the last few weeks and he’s in need of rest. So today he took a well-deserved day off.”
The following day, Seacrest returned to Live with a message of gratitude for his fans and close friend Mark Consuelos, who filled in for him while he caught up on his rest.
“He’s so good at it!” he joked of Ripa’s husband at the top of the show. “Also, [thanks for] all the very kind well-wishes for my exhaustion, working around the clock.”
For more on Seacrest’s plans to return to NYC, watch the video above and pick up the latest issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands now.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Demi Lovato Wears ‘Dogs Over People’ Shirt, Ditches Ring After Max Split
- Meghan Markle Made a Surprise Appearance on America’s Got Talent For This Sweet Reason
- Surprise! Billie Lourd Just Welcomed a Baby Boy With Fiancé Austen Rydell
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Split: What Went Wrong?
- Rebel Wilson and Rumored Beau Jacob Busch Make Red Carpet Debut
- Future Parents! Mandy Moore and Taylor Goldsmith’s Relationship Timeline
- Colton Spotted for the 1st Time in L.A. Since Cassie’s Restraining Order
- Kristin Cavallari Breaks Her Silence on Divorce From Jay Cutler: “We Tried Really, Really Hard”
- Donald Trump Fires Back at Meghan Markle, Prince Harry After Election Comments
- The Masked Singer: Breaking Down All Our Theories About Who Are Behind the Masks