Selling Sunset: Someone Left the Oppenheim Group, and This News May Surprise YouLatest News
If you’re already caught up on Selling Sunset on Netflix, you might have some guesses as to the current staffing situation at the Oppenheim Group in Los Angeles. A few of the staff at the Oppenheim Group discussed breaking off from the brokerage to either start their own thing or simply move on with their careers. It turns out, someone did leave the Oppenheim Group, but it’s not who we might have expected: Brett Oppenheim.
Thanks to a hot tip from resident villain Christine Quinn, we know that Brett broke off from twin brother Jason Oppenheim, but the details are murky. “There’s been some drama going down,” Christine told ET. “Someone has left the brokerage for good and started their own brokerage. . . . Brett.”
These Are the 10 Most Expensive Homes on Selling Sunset, Including That Unreal $75 Million Mansion
A quick search of the
What’s maybe a little weird about there now being two separate brokerages is that both of them claim to be the company founded by Jacob Stern in 1889. The Oppenheim Group’s history section tells the story of Brett and Jason’s great great grandfather starting The Stern Realty Co. in Hollywood in the 1800s, passing it through five generations. Oppenheim Real Estate’s history page basically says . . . the same thing. Somehow both Oppenheim brothers are claiming their brokerage is descended from The Stern realty Co., so does that mean the companies are still intertwined?
What’s even more interesting about all of it is that Christine did an interview with This Morning in June and did a run-through of some LA properties that she wanted to highlight, and one of them she mentioned is listed on both
Brett was formerly the senior vice president of the Oppenheim Group, second in command to Jason, who is president and founder of the brokerage. At Brett’s new venture, he’s now the president and broker, but his website doesn’t show if he’s hired any staff yet – or pulled anyone over from the Oppenheim Group. And because none of this was touched on in season three of Selling Sunset, we can only assume it might come up in season four if it happens. Will both Oppenheims be included? Will we find out what drove their separation into two companies? We really, really hope so.
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Mariah Carey’s Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka’s Post About Her Memoir Is Too Sweet
- Meghan Markle on Being “Liberated” From Naysayers: “It’s Very Easy to Just Live With Truth”
- Naya Rivera’s Ex Ryan Dorsey Speaks About Grief, Their Son and Her Sister
- Bachelorette’s Mike Johnson Opens Up About His New Bachelor Nation Roomie
- Andrew Rannells and Tuc Watkins Are the Cutest Couple Both Onscreen and IRL
- Naya Rivera’s Sister Spotted Helping the Late Actress’ Ex Ryan Dorsey Move
- Why Taylor Swift Fans Are Flooding Jake Gyllenhaal’s Instagram Comments
- I’m Fully Sobbing Over Jeannie Mai’s Up Performance From DWTS’s Disney Night
- 8 Revelations From Mariah Carey’s Memoir: Exes, Affair and Secret Album
- Going For the Mirrorball Trophy: Here’s Who Is Still in the Competition on DWTS