Serena Williams Jokes She’s ‘Never Heard’ of BFF Meghan MarkleLatest News
“Are you happy that your girlfriend’s moved to America? Meghan Markle?” the model, 49, asked Serena, who avoided the subject by replying, “Don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“Don’t know nothing about that,” the seven-time Wimbledon champion said with a smile, before laughing it off. “Never seen it, never heard of her, don’t know her.”
It’s not the first time that Serena, who attended Markle’s May 2018 wedding to Prince Harry, has shut down questions about the California native, who she met at the Super Bowl in 2010 and quickly became friends with.
Following the Australian Open on January 20, Serena was asked by a reporter about the actress, but she didn’t take the bait.
“Yeah. I have absolutely no comments on anything with that,” the four-time Olympic gold medalist said at the time, according to New York Times writer Ben Rothenberg, after the reporter asked about Markle’s “extraordinary and historic” stance of stepping back from the royal family.
She added: “But good try. You tried. You did good.”
In March, the former Suits actress and her husband, Harry, along with their 11-month-old son, Archie, relocated from Canada to Los Angeles. The family had been residing in Vancouver for months before their step back from the British royal family was finalized last month.
The two lovebirds were spotted delivering meals from Project Angel Food to those in need in the West Hollywood neighborhood of L.A. on Friday, April 17.
It was the third time the couple stepped out to drop off food on behalf of the charity.
“In honor of the Easter holiday, the Duke and Duchess spent Sunday morning volunteering with Project Angel Food by delivering meals to our clients,” the charity said in a statement on its Instagram account on Thursday, April 16. “And on Wednesday they quietly continued delivering meals to relieve our overworked drivers. It was their way to thank our volunteers, chefs, and staff who have been working tirelessly since the COVID-19 crisis began.”
Despite being in the U.S. the pair have remained connected to their patronages across the pond.
Harry, 35, joined a video call with the U.K. charity WellChild, and chatted with parents taking care of sick children amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“As long as you guys are looking after yourselves and looking after each other that is the best that you can do,” he said.
Listen on Spotify to Us Weekly’s Hot Hollywood as each week the editors of Us break down the hottest entertainment news stories!
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Normal People Will Probably Never Get a Second Season (and That’s a Good Thing)
- Julianne Hough Says Brooks Laich’s ‘Thirst Trap’ Photos Are ‘Awesome’
- Britney Spears’ Gym Fire: Fire Department Was Never Called
- Hollywood Love! Hottest Couples Who Fell in Love on Set
- Filthy Rich: A Complete Timeline of Jeffrey Epstein’s Life and Crimes
- Everything We Know About Nick Cordero’s Coronavirus Battle
- Still No Letter From Hogwarts? At Least You Can Now Watch All 8 Harry Potter Movies on HBO Max
- Lori Loughlin Is ‘Longing’ to ‘Move On’ From College Scandal ‘Nightmare
- Blake Lively Jokes About Ryan Reynolds in Fake Underwear Photo
- Alexis Rose Ended Schitt’s Creek Single and Self-Confident, and Here’s Why That’s Important