Sex, Drugs and One Direction: Harry Styles’ ‘Rolling Stone’ RevelationsLatest News
“While I was in the band, I was constantly scared I might sing a wrong note,” Styles, 25, admitted to the magazine in the interview, published on Monday, August 26. “I felt so much weight in terms of not getting things wrong. I remember when I signed my record deal and I asked my manager, ‘What happens if I get arrested? Does it mean the contract is null and void?’ Now, I feel like the fans have given me an environment to be myself and grow up and create this safe space to learn and make mistakes.”
While Styles played coy on the band’s chances of reuniting, he doesn’t feel pressure to distance himself from former bandmates Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Zayn Malik, who famously quit in 2015 before the group released their fifth album.
“I know it’s the thing that always happens. When somebody gets out of a band, they go, ‘That wasn’t me. I was held back.’ But it was me,” he told Rolling Stone. “And I don’t feel like I was held back at all. It was so much fun. If I didn’t enjoy it, I wouldn’t have done it. It’s not like I was tied to a radiator.”
The “Sign of the Times” singer has yet to announce the release date of his second studio album, but told the outlet that he is currently putting the final touches on the tracks. (An insider told Us Weekly earlier this month that Styles’ new album is expected to be released “later this summer/early fall.”)
“It’s all about having sex and feeling sad,” Styles told the magazine about his upcoming music.
Scroll through for more revelations from Styles’ Rolling Stone cover:
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- Beyoncé and JAY-Z Mean Business in Their Suited-Up Appearance at a Pre-Grammys Brunch
- Miranda Lambert Talks About ‘S–t Show’ After Blake Shelton Divorce
- Congrats! Brandon Jenner, Cayley Stoker Engaged Ahead of Twins’ Arrival
- These Shameless Prayer Candles Are For Anyone Who Bows Down to the Gallaghers
- The Jonas Brothers Are Owning TikTok, and 2 Other Things You Missed This Week
- ‘This Is Us’ Star Chris Sullivan and Wife Rachel Are Expecting Baby No. 1
- Scott Borchetta Says He’ll Always ‘Root for’ Taylor Swift Despite Feud
- Pamela Anderson Shares 1st Pic With Husband Jon Peters After Secret Wedding
- Wait, Did ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Stars Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy Date?
- Billie Eilish’s “Everything I Wanted” Video Is an Ode to Her Brother, Finneas O’Connell