Summer House’s Carl Radke Has Been Leaning on Therapist Amid SobrietyLatest News
Getting help. Carl Radke, best known for his role on Bravo’s Summer House, is opening up about his journey to being a happier person. In May, the reality star, 35, told Us Weekly exclusively that he was sober — something that has continued into the summer.
“I stopped drinking in March,” Radke said on the Wednesday, June 24, episode of “The Publyssity Podcast” with host Alyssa Amoroso. “I’ve been sober since. I feel great. Am I saying I’m never going to drink again? I’ve never said. I just needed to take a break from it.”
Radke, who has appeared on all four seasons of Summer House, added that he’s now begun seeing a therapist and that’s really changed things in his life.
“It’s my first time doing therapy while actually telling the 100 percent truth,” the LoverBoy founder said. “I’ve done therapy over the past six years and I never once, up until this past, you know, January, said I drink a ton. I’ve done drugs. I’ve partied. And it was liberating actually opening up with this therapist who focuses more on alcohol and just being completely honest.”
He added that, in the past, he was “basically lying” in therapy, and avoiding real topics.
“It’s just, like, I was very afraid to be completely honest,” Radke stated. “So far I even quantified how much money I’ve spent on alcohol and partying and all these things keep adding up, and I’m like holy cow, it’s pretty staggering from six years in the city and how much I’ve focused on drinking and partying vs investing in myself.”
In May, Radke opened up on Us’ “Hot Hollywood” podcast about his sobriety.
“Ultimately, am I gonna be sober for the rest of my life? That’s not something I’m willing to commit to yet. What I’ve done is basically a sobriety sampling, and it’s just going 90 days without drinking,” he shared at the time. “I actually admitted that I do have so many issues and I wanted to actually get help that’s directly, you know, attacking the alcohol component. And that’s something I’d never done before. So I’m proud of myself, I feel supported.”
Written by sbdadmin
Latest News Feeds
- The Vow: Barbara Bouchey and Keith Raniere Dated For Nearly a Decade Before She Fled NXIVM
- Stars Go Nude on Twitter and Instagram
- Jordyn Woods: ‘Everything in My Life Changed’ After Tristan Cheating Scandal
- Watch the Secret Society of Second-Born Royals Cast Hilariously Quiz Each Other on Disney Movies
- Gwyneth Paltrow Poses Nude on Her 48th B-Day and Daughter Apple Is Not Happy
- Jordyn Woods Goes Instagram Official With Boyfriend Karl-Anthony Towns
- The 15 Most Terrifying Stephen King Books, Ranked
- Jon and Ygritte Forever! Kit Harington and Rose Leslie’s Relationship Timeline
- Ant Anstead Breaks His Silence on Christina Anstead Split
- Saturday Night Live Is Back For Season 46 With 3 New Players – See Who’s in the Cast!